nineteen.

Yazmin held her head as she rose from the bed. She winced at the feeling of the sharp pain that struck in front of her head. Looking around she realized that she was still cooped up in Alex's room. She laid on the edge of the bed while Alex laid on the other side with her body fully covered by the comforter, even her head.

Quickly, Yazmin shuffled over to the nightstand not too far from her. Her phone was placed on it. She snatched the phone and tried pressing the home button but it wouldn't turn on.

"At least remember to put your phone on the charger," She grumbled.

She jumped off the bed and began rummaging around for her belongings. She remembered Mama Mei specifically saying that she needed to be at a certain time and ended up staying at someone else's home overnight. Mama Mei wasn't aware that Yazmin was making new friends. Although Mama Mei wasn't too much of a judgemental person, Yazmin felt like she would wonder why Yazmin hung out with the crowd she was around.

They were all the same.

Some of the people that came from something were judgemental towards the ones that didn't, and vice versa.

"My makeup bag," She whispered to herself. She pursed her lips and ran towards the washroom to grab her belongings.

"Alex," Yazmin called out. Hastily, she walked over to Alex's figure and shook her body roughly until she woke up from her slumber.

"I'm awake, I was just resting my eyes."

Alex poked her head out from the covers and looked around with wide eyes. She visibly relaxed at the sight of her new and becoming best friend.

"I have to go. Can you lock up?"

"Can I brush my teeth?"

"No!" She whisper-yelled. "My nan- my mom's gonna kill me when she sees that I didn't come home, and I told her that I'd be home by twelve. It's-"

She looked over at Alex's alarm.

"Nine in the morning!"

"I'm up, I'm up."

Yazmin placed her tote bag on the bed and began packing her stuff into it. She grabbed her shoes that she had worn the previous night and stuffed them into her bag.

"You rushing me to get out of bed made me get a raging headache," Alex groaned. She walked over to her dresser and searched through it for some aspirin. She swallowed the small pill dry and turned around towards her frantic friend.

"Your phone is alive."

"Thank god."

Yazmin ran her hands over her matted hair and cursed under her breath when she noticed the incoming messages from Curtis and Mama Mei.

"I'm just as good as dead."

Mama Mei was definitely going to report this back to her parents.

"I'm just gonna call myself an Uber, cause I'm not making it in time with the bus."

Alex crossed her arms and smirked. "Did you at least have fun?"

Yazmin smiled and shook her head, "I had a lot of fun. Except for that whole thing with that Ryan guy."

Alex scoffed, "Don't even bring that guy up. He'll be dealt with again."

Yazmin looked at her with confusion. She did remember hearing that Ryan was known for being aggressive, but she didn't bother pestering Alex about it.

"I hope so. I gotta go, but I'll text you later."

"Gotcha."

As Yazmin tried to grab her bag, she hung onto one of the straps and yanked the tote bag off of the bed, causing it to spill over.