eleven.

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the days have been moving by faster

I don't know what it is, but it seems like the days have been moving by faster. Especially when I'm not paying attention. Makes me realize that time doesn't wait for anyone. No matter if you're dependent on it or don't give a fuck about it. Life continues on. Time doesn't stop for anyone.

The classroom felt brisk cold as a plethora of students sat in their assigned seats, facing the classroom. Sean felt like his body was going into overdrive because of how tired he was. He hadn't slept all night. He had done an overnight shift until two a.m, and once he got home he couldn't even sleep. He even drank some of the tea that his mother made for him. Sean gripped his hoodie strings in his hands and pulled them down to cover his entire face.

He closed his journal and rested it onto his lap as he tried his best to stay awake. His eyes were not only burning because of the bright lights in the classroom, but also because he was tired.

"Alright, that's a wrap. I'll see y'all tomorrow" The teacher called out. "And, Sean—"

He peeled off his hoodie and looked over at the teacher that stood in front of the board.

"Try not to fall asleep in my classroom next time."

Sean scoffed and grabbed his belongings. He walked out of the classroom with Vanessa in tow. She skipped up next to him and squinted her eyes.

"You look like you're gonna pass out any minute now."

"I feel like I am," He mumbled.

They walked along the halls of the school until they met Sean's locker. Sluggishly, he unlocked his lock and threw his books from the bag and into the locker.

Vanessa leaned against the locker next to him and crossed his arms, "I don't know why you did that long ass shift last night."

"Because I need the money."

Sean gripped onto his lower back and sighed heavily. The thought of all of that heavy lifting that he'd done made his head hurt.

"Such a grandpa," She shook her head and followed him outside of the school.

"You're lucky that you're a little barista..."

"Goodbye," She shoved him playfully and rolled her eyes with a light smile. She gripped onto her backpack straps and sighed heavily.

"So..."

"So..."

He looked down at her and scrunched his nose up. Vanessa was oddly silent for once. Whenever they were all together it was like she couldn't keep her mouth shut. But at that very moment it seemed like she didn't know what to say. She continuously opened and closed her mouth as if she was a fish.

"Are you busy this weekend?"

"I don't think so," He shook his head. "Why?"

As she opened her mouth to speak, she was interrupted by the sound of a loud voice.