four.

                Yazmin's eyes were tightly shut with her covers over half of her face

Yazmin's eyes were tightly shut with her covers over half of her face. She was deep into her sleep— so deep that she didn't hear the sound of Mama Mei's slippers against the stairs and on the dark wooden floor.

Mama Mei slowly walked into the bedroom and shook her head at the teenager sleeping so soundly in her large bed. She walked over to the edge of the bed where Yazmin was facing and stood there without a word.

Yazmin's eyebrows furrowed in her sleep when she felt a presence in her room. She blinked rapidly and slowly opened her eyes to see Mama Mei standing above her with her arms behind her back and a light smile.

"Oh my god."

She shot up from her previous position and ran her hands over her bonnet covered head.

"Why are you just standing over me in silence, Mama Mei?"

"Are you feeling any better?"

Yazmin froze and looked at her with wide eyes. Two nights ago Yazmin had told her that she was sick and Mama Mei didn't believe her one bit, but she still allowed her to stay home for two days. But, she wasn't going to let her get away with it now.

"No, not really. My stomach still kind of hurts and I have a headache," Yazmin rubbed her forward and winced achingly.

Mama Mei looked down at her watch, "Be ready in fifteen minutes."

Yazmin gasped in astonishment and watched as Mama Mei walked towards the door.

"Um, where are we going?"

"Grocery shopping and two run some errands for your parents, or are you too sick to get up?" She smirked.

"Fine," Yazmin slid out of the bed and stomped over to her bathroom to get ready.

Once she finished freshening up, she slipped on designer jeans that were laced at the side, a white bodysuit and a white blazer over it. Growing up, her parents taught her to always look presentable, because you never know who you'd see outside. They had a reputation and she needed to live up to it. Her parents never walked around looking very casual. If they were wearing jeans, then they were going to wear a fancy top with it. So, that stuck with her and she lived by it. No matter how much she thought it was unnecessary sometimes.