fourteen.

        Almost every child had a dream about their parents being together and staying together

Almost every child had a dream about their parents being together and staying together. We lived in this fantasy world where everything is perfect. And when things go wrong, we hold onto that fantasy and hope that it will become a reality.

My parents were the only example of love that I had around me. I'd never met my mother's parents, because they cut off ties with her after marrying my father, and my father's parents never agreed with the kind of person that he was. I don't know what love is or what it's supposed to feel like other than the visions of it that I have in my mind.

Almost every child has those thoughts about their parents, but I never did. I have never wanted my parents to end things so badly. I didn't know what love was, but I don't think that what they've shown for the past seventeen years was it.

Yazmin rolled her eyes as she leaned back into her seat. She tried her best to ignore the overbearing yelling from her parents upstairs.

"Do we have to have breakfast with them?" Yazmin sighed. "They're just gonna be arguing for the entire morning."

Mama Mei nodded and took a sip of her tea.

"This is going to be their last breakfast with us before they head out for their Spain trip. You need to spend time with them before they leave."

Instead of spending their time with their daughter, they were fighting about the same thing over and over again.

Money.

"Well, this is a great way of spending time with their daughter," Yazmin scoffed.

A few minutes later, Sophia and Anthony walked down the stairs and headed into the kitchen. Sophia ran her hands under her short dress and took a seat next to Yazmin. Anthony sat at the head of the table and cleared his throat.

"Sorry about that. Food looks delicious, Mei."

"Thank you. The team helped out with the food as well."

They had a few chefs hired for special occasions and this was the time where a big meal needed to be made. Anthony and Sophia were going to be gone for roughly three and a half months. They needed to continue designing the house that they had built in Europe and Sophia needed to close out some deals as well. They were going to have a very busy year and Yazmin wasn't looking forward to it.