Double Trouble

Kagami looked at Lila.
Chloe was right.
Adrien was not a poor defenseless soul who needed to be saved.
And Marinette was not someone to rub against someone like that.
But....
Lila also made some points.
In a way this is a competition for Adriens heart.

Kagami looked back at Adrien and Marinette.
The way that he looked at her, with all the love and adoration. She knew deep down that he was deeply in love with her. That once you fall that hard for someone there was no going back.
And it hurt Kagami. Seeing Adrien look at Marinette the way she could only dream of being looked at by him. It hurt so much.

Kagami despised Marinette.

What did Marinette have that she didnt?
If anything, Kagami had so much more to offer to Adrien so what was it about Marinette that Adrien was so drawn to?

Lila shifted uncomfortably.
She was just standing there watching Kagami think.
Kagami was most definitely lost in thought.

Lila looked at Adrien and Marinette.

"Listen Kagami, I know thag you dont have any friends at all."
Lila said
"So let me tell you this. You're either with me or against me. I am a very powerful woman Kagami. I can make or break your time at my school. Join me. And we can rule the school together"

Kagami looked at Lila.

"Miss Rossi..."
Kagami started
"If I were to join you, lets say we do in fact break them up. Who's to say that you wont turn your back on me? Like you said, we are both in this little "competition" and I already know for a fact that you dont play by the rules. So while your offer is "generous" I decline. May the best win Rossi."

And with that Kagami left Lila.

Lila stood there with her mouth agape

"How dare they...."
she said
"Those fucking idiotic bitches. I will break Marinette and Adrien apart. They wont even last a month."

Lila began to walk up to the pair and sat next to Adrien.

"Oh- my gosh Adrien!! What a surprise seeing you here! What 'cha up to?"
Lila said

"H-Hi Lila.... um- I'm actually really busy right now can we talk some other time?"
Adrien responded.

"Oh- you're busy??? But... I dont see you talking or being with anyone... at least not anyone important like myself"
Lila said as she gave Marinette a smirk.

"Lila, don't be rude to Marinette. She may not seem like anyone "important" to you but she is one of the most important people in my life right now. Leave me alone. I already told you once that I am busy"
Adrien said. After saying that he turned his back to Lila and apologized to Marinette.

At this point Lila was pissed.
First, Chloe, then Kagami, and now Adrien?!

"Listen here Marinette, I dont know what the fuck you did to my Adrien but you need to back off. Adrien is mine ya here that??? MINE. So-"
Before Lila could finish she was cut off by Adrien.

"Lila get the fuck away from me. I dont ever want to see you, or hear you again. I was never and will never be yours. I am also not an object. You dont own me Lila."

Before continuing Adrien leaned into Lilas ear and whispered

"And if you ever speak to Marinette like that god forbid I ever find out because when I do it'll be the end of you."

After that Adrien grabbed Marinette's hand.

"Lets go Mari"

And with that he walked away and made his way to Marinette's house.

(Quick A/N Marinette is in italics Adrien is in bold)

In Marinette's room

"Adrien..."

"Whats up?"

"What did you whisper to Lila in her ear? You didnt threaten her did you?"

"M'lady I would never threaten anyone"

"Adrien..."

"Except her..."
Adrien said giving Marinette a nervous chuckle and rubbing the back of his neck

"You silly cat. There was no need to threaten her. Yes, she's annoying and she just- UGH- but no one, not even she deserves to be threatened. No more threatening people okay?"

"Darlin' I never threaten anyone that has ever done anything to me."

"But- you just said that you threatened Lila-"

"She did something to you Mari. You're the love of my life and my absolute soulmate. You're my other half, my better half. I cant promise that I wont threaten anymore people who cause you harm m'lady. I just cant. You're my priority, and I lose all self control when someone causes you or wants to cause you any harm. Im sorry but its true."

Marinette's heart skipped beats in her chest.
She looked at Adrien and smiled.

"Who knew you were the protective type huh?"
Marinette said letting a small chuckle escape her lips.
"I still love you though. You're my soulmate, my better half, and the love of my life. I wouldnt trade you for the world. Just please promise me that you'll at least try to keep yourself under control. Please?"
Marinette said.

Adrien looked up at her. A blush covering his cheeks.
He smiled and nodded.

"I pinky promise bugaboo"

They intertwined their pinkies and giggled.

After their fit of giggles they locked eyes.

Electric green met with sky blue.

Time seemed to have stopped
And nothing else in the world existed.

In this moment it was only them.

They both leaned in closer and closer.

Their eyelids closing the closer that they got.

Adrien's hands made their way to cup Marinettes cheeks and Marinettes made their way to Adrien's hair.

Their lips touched and they kissed.

Such a sweet, passionate, and innocent kiss.

What was only a mere couple of seconds felt like an eternity.

Their lips connected like puzzle pieces.

They moved together in sync until a knock on Marinette's trap door made them stop.

—————

Sorry for the late update!