The Fox Goes Down pt.1

Weeks had passed since the fencing tournament, Nino was caught up on the plan
(granted, the man was a little too excited to take down Lila)
but he was down to help his best bros always, Nino was a scaredy cat and anything but confrontational, but he would move heaven and earth for his friends.

The question had remained, how in the hell would they take down Lila? Of course they had the video, but this moment needed to be glorious, I mean how often do you take down the bitch who's been cock-blocking your best bud right?

Within those weeks that passed, lots of brainstorming and discussions, the group still could not decide how to take down Lila. Lets be honest, they cant just send everyone the video of Lila confessing all her hatred towards Marinette and her (very weird) obsession with Adrien, there was no real guarantee that everyone would believe them. Not only that, they needed to be absolutely prepared for any other lie Lila may make.

She has an unnatural ability to convince people anything she says is the truth, she has a serpents tongue, a deceitful mouth full of beautiful lies. Her words were dangerous, she was too convincing to just send everyone the very little proof the group had and simply hope all their friends would believe them.

Especially when those same "friends" didnt believe them before. They cant be blamed, you cant really explain to everyone you know Lila is a liar with no proof, especially when Lila can pull "proof" out of her fucking ass, (seriously, how was this bitch this good at lying? How does she get 'evidence' so fast? How is she pulling this out of thin air?)

"Maybe, we can plan a party?"
Marinette spoke up.
The group had been in Marinette's room drafting up idea's quickly before Lila leaves to "build houses for children in Africa", the group only have 6 months left.

In reality, the group had no idea why Lila was leaving but for all they could know she could have a double life. All they really knew in this moment was that Lila Rossi was planning to leave in 6 months, the group had to find ways to get Lila to spill everything until then.

With Lila still thinking Alya is on her side now, Alya is the designated "undercover spy" (as Nino liked to say), her main "mission" was obviously to tape and get Lila to reveal her true intentions and confess to previous times in which someone else had to take the blame for something she caused (like making everyone think Marinette pushed her down a flight of stairs), on top of getting Lila to confess to previous crimes, Alya would also need to get her to fess up to her upcoming plan and what her obsession with Adrien really is all about.

Alya had a lot of responsibility on her shoulders, it was a lot of lying and keeping up a double life essentially.

"Im basically living a double life, kinda like Ladybug!"
Alya exclaimed before continuing
"wow, I even had you fooled Marinette, I bet you couldnt fool me for 1 minute if you were the one who had to live a double life"
Alya and Nino chuckled at that joke.

In their eyes, Marinette was maybe just a tad bit too clumsy, and forgetful, and too nice sometimes to be a superhero
(if only they knew)

Marinette let out a fake, sarcastic laugh, before continuing "As I was saying, I think we should throw a going away party, I mean- its the only thing that makes sense? How else can we get everyone in a room to expose Lila? What better way to expose her than at her own party?"

The group remained silence, it made perfect sense.

"Wait"
Adrien started
"Lila knows Marinette and I are not on good terms with her, she will never believe that Marinette of all people would throw a party for her. How sure are we that she would even want Marinette there?"

The group remained silent again, as this also made perfect sense.

"We need to trick someone else into throwing the party, why would Nino throw a party for her? I only just became her so-called friend. It would be too suspicious if I start acting like I'm that close with her, especially since I supposedly in Lila's eyes, I just barely stopped being Mari's best friend. If I were to automatically trust her and "love bomb" her, wouldn't it be suspicious?"
Alya soon spoke up after.

"Okay, so- all very very good points. Now the icing on the cake dudes, who are we going to trick into throwing a party for Lila? Regarding Marinette being invited, I think we can sneak her in by just having it be a surprise party right? I mean she cant complain about Marinette being at a party she doesnt know about right?"
Nino ended.

The group looked at eachother, one problem solved and what seemed like a million more to go.

"Rose"
Marinette spoke up
"Rose would be perfect, she's too kind for her own good, she would be the one to throw a party for Lila, make it a surprise, and she would invite everyone. Thats just how Rose has always been! It has to be Rose!"

Adrien couldnt help but stare at Marinette in awe, wow
He thought to himself
I really fell for this woman two times and I never even knew, what are the odds of that?

Marinette continued to speak, unaware of the loving eyes staring at her passionately.

"Alya you would have to be Rose's biggest support, you need to be close but not too close to draw suspicion. Lila would still expect you to be involved right?"

The wheels were finally starting to turn in everyone's 17 year old minds

(Yes, they're 17 because I said they're 17. Anyways, back to the story)

Finally, things were being set in stone. All everyone needed to do was have patience, for all good comes to those who wait.

~~~~~

Hello lovely readers, I missed yall 😁 I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, I started this fanfic back in 2020 (shout outs to those who been here since the beginning) and I just really wanted to say thank you for reading this story💕 left with 11k reads and came back to 15k !!!! Absolutely crazy, I appreciate you guys so much🤍 Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Its lovely to be back,

-A