Sleepless nights 2

Adrien touched a bit of her hair only to see that some of it the "ash" flew away.
He couldn't touch her. He couldn't hug her anymore and he couldn't fist bump her or touch her hair again. He looked at the ash as it flew away and then he saw it.

His glove from his Cat Noir suit was white.
He was in his regular Cat Noir suit but the color was white. He then looked at his hand. The amount of fear that he had.
If he used cataclysm on her then that means that his hand was the one that hurt her. The one that killed her. He looked down at the rest of his suit and he stood corrected. His suit was white.

He looked at himself in disgust.
He hated himself. HE caused this.

Adrien was terrified

He was the one who was supposed to be a hero. He was supposed to protect Paris, the citizens, his family, his friends, and he was supposed to protect her.
Adrien failed everyone. He failed himself and he failed his Lady.
He failed all of Paris and the people in it. He failed his family. He failed Alya, he failed Nino, he failed Mylene, Ivan, Juleka, Kagami, Luka, Rose, Nathaniel, Max, Kim, Alix, Chloe, Sabrina, and he failed Marinette.
He failed his class and bestfriends.
How was he supposed to look at himself and see someone worthwhile. Someone worthy of the Cat miraculous. Someone worthy enough to call Ladybug his partner.

He wasnt worthy.
He wasnt good enough for anything and he didnt deserve all the good that he had in his life.

He was disgusted with himself.

Adrien looked at the ground.
He couldn't dare look at Ladybug. Not after what he did. To her and to everyone else. He looked down and noticed that water was...rising?

A pipe must have broken, and water was quickly filling the streets of Paris.

Before he could try to fix or find a way to stop the water from rising- he saw someone on the roof.

Bunnix?
"HEY!!" He yelled
She couldnt hear him. Crap
"HEY IM DOWN HERE HELP ME!!"
Bunnix couldnt hear him but she was talking to someone through the "burrow"
And then he saw her.
Ladybug.

"HEYYY!!!"
Why couldnt they hear him?!
The water was up to his knees now and he was terrified. He looked at the water then he looked at the "statue" of Ladybug. He couldnt leave her here. Even if she was just a "statue"
He reached out for her but he was farther away from her.
Adrien hadn't noticed but when trying to scream for help he walked backwards
(He was trying to keep bunnix in his vision)

Adrien hadn't noticed but when trying to scream for help he walked backwards (He was trying to keep bunnix in his vision)

The water wouldnt stop.
It kept rising faster every second.
Come on Adrien
He thought to himself.
THINK
What was he supposed to do-?
What could he do?
He couldnt leave Ladybug here.
Wether she loved him or not if his last moments were to be spent trying to save himself or saving Ladybug (who he didnt want to believe was dead)
He would save her.
A thousand times, he would rather die than have her suffer. He would risk his life with no hesitation if it meant she would be okay.
He cant leave her here. He just cant.
Even if at this point she really was just a statue.

Adrien tried to take a step towards her but the water was rushing and making it hard for him to even stay standing. He couldnt move.
He reached his hand towards her.
Maybe if he tried to grab her hand
(that was reaching out)
He could grab her and use his baton to rise them up to a rooftop and they would both be safe.
But the water was up to his chest now.

"LADYBUG"
Was the last thing he said before he was completely consumed by the water.

"LADYBUG"Was the last thing he said before he was completely consumed by the water