Friends or Foes?

"Marinette..."
Adrien said.
Alya had been gone for about 30 minutes now and Marinette had not said a word since.

"Marinette why shouldnt we just tell her about our identities? It would make stuff so much easier and prevent things like this happening again."
Adrien explained.

Marinette sighed and looked up at Adrien.

"Adrien I shouldn't have to reveal who I am for her to be on my side. I shouldn't have to prove anything to her. Besides, what if she gets akumatized again and reveals my identity? What if she reveals my identity on the Ladyblog?"

"Marinette you know Alya would never do that-"

"But she could. I dont have to tell her 'hey you should believe me because im a super hero!' She should believe me because im her bestfriend Adrien! Im gonna tell you the same thing I told her. If the roles were reversed I would have been by her side without hesitation and without explanation because she needs me and I would have been there for her until she was ready to talk or- even if she didnt want to talk. Because Im her bestfriend. She showed me her true colors today Adrien, and w-wether I liked it or not Alya chose her side."
Marinette finished before bawling her eyes out.

In an instant, Adrien was by her side hugging her tightly.

"Why couldn't she just be on my side Adrien? Im always there for her without hesitation and the one- the one time that I needed her, she's no where to be found."

Marinette sobbed harder into Adrien's chest.

Adrien remained silent as he held her in his arms.

They stayed like that for a while before they finally let go of eachother.

"Im here Mari. It'll all be okay. Im with you in the good and the bad moments okay. Dont ever forget that. Lets go to the school and make an announcement okay?

"What announcement...?"
Marinette asked

"Lets reveal Lilas lies. Im getting tired of her shit. I cant do something i've always wanted to do now because of her bullshit."
Adrien responded.

"You know what this means right...?"
Marinette asked

"That we have to take down Lila?"
Adrien responded

"Adrien until this whole issue gets solved we have to stay away from eachother."

"WHAT?!" HELL NO- Mari- "

"No buts Adrien. You and I both know very well that she is good at lying and manipulating. If we go up to her and try to expose her with no proof-"

"We'll look worse. I know. But I cant promise that I'll stay away from you in a different form M'Lady"
Adrien said as he winked at Mari.

"I have a fencing tournament in about half an hour at school. Do you want to come a-and get y-your mind off of things?"
Adrien asked.

If he was being honest- he wanted Mari there to show off his "muscles" (even though the suit covered it) and to show off his skills. He wanted to look for her face in the crowd and go up to her and kiss her as he was announced the winner.

(Even though that last part would have to wait for just a bit)

Marinette giggled.

"Of course I'd love to go. Do I have to wear a specific number to show my support?"

"Mari..."

"Hm?"

"Its fencing... we dont have uniforms with numbers"
Adrien said letting a small giggle escape his mouth.

"S-SHUT UP YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN-"
Marinette stuttered.

Everything sucked. Marinette lost her bestfriend, the school turned against her and chose someone who they've only known for about 3 months. But in this moment, it was Adrien and her.

Nothing in the world mattered anymore.

In this moment, it was just them.

Adrien went down stairs and waited for Marinette to finish changing.

Adrien was happily eating a croissant with chocolate drizzle (offered by Tom Dupain)

Tom and Adrien were having a delightful conversation about pastries when Marinette opened her trap door and began to walk down.

She was wearing black jeans with some rips (not too much) and a pastel pink shirt.

Her shoes were her normal flats.

"Lets go!"
Marinette said as she yaked Adriens arm and did a whole speed run outside the bakery.

"BYE MAMA BYE PAPA LOVE YOU BOTH MWAHH"
Marinette yelled just before they got out of the bakery.

"What was that for-"
Adrien asked.

"You have 15 minutes to get ready. Wouldnt want THE "Adrien Agreste" running late now would we?"
Marinette teased.

Adrien giggled and they both made their way to the school.