Conversations

After a while, Ladybug was able to calm Adrien down and his panic attack ended.

He was embarrassed
How could he let himself do that in front of her!
He knew Ladybug wouldn't judge but still- this is the love of his life!
(At least- he hoped she was-)
He should be more manly and he should know how to at least control himself enough to not get a panic attack.

"Y'know..."
She said catching Adrien's attention.
" A friend of mine gets panic attacks all the time and she is too scared to ask for help, and I know you are scared to ask for help too- and um-"
She began to ramble on and on about random things then suddenly-
"WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS- it will give me a peace of mind if you and her help each other out because just like Chat Noir helps you I help her. And it just- it will give me a peace of mind to know that someone is helping her and someone is helping you when Chat Noir and I aren't there. So please... if you don't mind-"

Marinette could not believe herself right now- she was really out here using her alter ego to see herself up with her crush- well technically it was for a good cause because everything she said was true, with the exception of ladybug comforting her of course-, she did her panic attacks and she was scared to get help. They both were soo why noot try to help eachother??? Right?

"Who is she?"
Ladybug heard Adrien ask

Ladybug took a deep breath before answering. This is it...
"It's Marinette Dupain-Cheng"
Ladybug replied.

"MARINETTE?!"
He was shocked. How could he not know that Marinette was getting panic attacks?! He should have been there for her- he should have helped her.

"D-Do you know her?"
Ladybug said.

"Y-Yea I do..."
Adrien replied as he looked down at the floor.
It hurt him now knowing that Marinette frequently got panic attacks and he was to blind to see it and wasnt there for her when she needed him.

"She's a classmate I'm assuming?"
Ladybug said. She had to pretend she didnt know that they were friends to hide her identity.

"Yea....she is one of my best friends. We are really close friends"

It pained Adrien to say that word. Friends, because he knew deep down he and Marinette weren't just friends. There has always been something there between them.
Call it what you want. A spark or chemistry between them. He couldn't deny it.
He had feelings for the clumsy baker who sat behind him in class but he also couldn't deny his feelings for Ladybug. He fell for Ladybug first. So that is who he was going to admit his feelings for.

Even if deep down he wanted to kiss Marinette and tell her everything. Including his identity.

He would tell Marinette everything if he could but he couldnt think of Marinette without thinking of how he is betraying Ladybug. Yes Ladybug never exactly claimed to love him back- but wether she could see it or not there was a spark there too.

He had chemistry with Ladybug too amd there was just no denying that.

At this point Adrien just had to choose.
And he chose the person he fell for first.
Ladybug.

"Why do you sound so shocked?"
Ladybug said, snapping Adrien from his thoughts.

"I just- I never realized how deceiving looks can be. She always looks so- so happy and calm- but I promise to help her and to accept her help when you're not here Ladybug."

Adrien finished and held his pinky up.

A pinky promise

Ladybug intertwined her pinky with Adrien's.
A sign that the promise was to be kept and not broken.

Ladybug and Adrien kept eye contact.
Neither one of them daring to break from eachothers  gaze.
Electric emerald eyes met her Bluebell ocean eyes.

Adrien began to move closer and Ladybug did the same.
Only centimeters apart they could both feel each others breath.

They moved closer and closer until...