1

Chapter 1: Help

Janis's Pov

I was currently running from one ward to another, different patients different treatments.

I'm a doctor specialist, the general surgeon you can say.

"If he feels any pain give him the painkiller," I said and the nurse nodded. This boy had a fractured leg.

I was going to my office and entered and sat on my chair.

Soon there was a knock at my office door.

"Come in," I said and the nurse came told me that a patient is waiting outside.

"Please ask her to come nurse Siana," I said

"Ok Dr. Janis" she said.

"Hello Dr. Janis." The patient said.

The patient is a woman.

"Hello Mam. Please take a seat" I said

She took a seat and I asked her problem.

"I have Second stage Tumor and I'm scare. Please help me. I have a son and I don't want to leave him alone" she said tears in her eyes.

"Relax, lets do your blood. I will write the test down" I said and she nodded.

She took the paper with test written down.

"Nurse Siana. " I called out to nurse.

"Yes Dr. Janis." Nurse Siana asked.

"Please run the test of the patient who just came in" I said and she nodded.

For doctors the life of patients value more that anything in the world.

I stood up and made my to other wards to check other patients.

I went into ward. Checked my patient some needed medicine, some needed comfort.

I exited the wards. Soon a child not more than 9 or 10 years old come running towards me.

"Doctor how is my mom doing?" He was scared I can see it in his eyes.

I smiled and he looked a little bit relieved.

"Your mom?" I said confused and he looked like he about to cry.

"Mike!" The women said.

"Mommy!." The boy named Mike yelled and hugged his mom.

"Doctor what happened to my mom?" He asked me.

"She is just a little bit ill"I said and he looked so sad.

I felt my heart breaking.

"So my mum is gonna be okay? Right? " He said

"Yes your mum will be okay" I said soon an older boy came.

"How are you mom?" The older boy around my age said hugging the woman.

"Im fine Louis " she said smiling weakly. I felt bad.

"Excuse me sir. I must say your mom will be getting treatment here. Please take care of her " I said and he nodded.

"She will be admitted to ward tommorow. I have to go" I said and excused my self.I was thinking of calling George my boyfriend for three months now. Today is our 3 month anniversary. As I was thinking.
Soon my phone rang. I saw my boyfriend calling.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hey, When will your shift ends? " He asked his voice different from usual like he is impatient.