33

"𝙰𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜"

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 32: 𝙰𝚝 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝

𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚟

The things were back to normal, they incident that had happened was a month ago.

Janis was recovered well and has joined the Knights hospital as a general surgeon. Luke's relationship was working out at last.

"I have to go, I'm already 15 minutes late"

"Love, you are panicking for nothing. It just 15 minutes"

"Excuse me mister, I'm a doctor and I don't know when a patient needs me. I have to go"

"You look hot, when you are angry"

Janis glared at me and ran down stairs with me behind her,grabbing car keys.

"Woah woah"

She didn't saw Ronan and bumped into him, rubbing her. He steadied her.

"Bye Ronan"

She went out of the door to the garage. Reviving back the car and drove out of the gate.

"Yeah man, she looked like her pants caught on fire"

"Shut up, asshole. She was late because of me."

"So when's the wedding?"

Ronan asked as he plopped on the sofa, I sighed.

"Mom was suggesting 25th of this month"

"It's a nice suggestion, but what about Janis opinion?"

"Gonna ask her when she returns"

I stood up and went to my office, I had some work to finish. I was drowned in my work, when I heard the door.

I looked up and saw it was 4pm. I stood up and went to the door, that's when I heard the door of room slammed shut.

I went to the room, just to hear silent sobs. I knocked the door, but no answer.

I opened the door to see her sitting on the the edge of the bed, head down crying.

I rushed to her and took her face in my hands.

"Love, what happened?"

She shook her head and I pulled her to my chest. Her silent cries became audible.

"I lost a patient, he was 10. I couldn't do anything. He had so much to see but"

"Shh shh, love. You did your best. It was his time. You couldn't do anything. His time here was complete, he is in much better place then this world"

She nodded and sniffled. I didn't like seeing her upset. She pulled back and I wiped her tear stained cheeks.

"Wash up, I will get the food ready"

"Okay"

I went out of the room and made spaghetti for her. I heard her footsteps, she appeared before my sight. She was wearing my sweater with leggings.

I smiled at her, she always wore my clothes when she is upset. I grabbed the plate, placed it in front of her.

"Thank you"

"Always for you, love"

"Anneliese, just talked to me about the wedding date, I think 25th of this month is good"