Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Finally I was in Memphis it was 5 in the morning and I am not a morning person. I hope there is someone to pick me up because I am not in the mood to drive and pay for a rental. I was walking to the luggage claim to get my bags when I heard someone yell.

“RACHEL!” I knew that voice anywhere. I stopped right in my tracks with a smile on my face. I turned around.

“Jon!” He was running to me at this point. Once he got to me he picked me up in a tight hug.

“Did you just get here?” he nodded with a smile on his face. He took everything I had in my hands and carried them for me except my purse of course.

“Come on let’s get the luggage.” Since we took the same airline they were close to each other. Since he only has 1 suitcase he got his quick but I was still standing there waiting for my 2. I finally saw them coming so I took a step forward to grab them but Jon beat me to it.

“I got these take mine for me will ya.” He winked. I rolled my eyes playfully and went to his suitcase and  started dragging it behind.

“You renting a car?”

“Nah don’t feel in the mood to drive.”

“Good because you are my traveling buddy now.” I raised an eyebrow and looked at him laughing.

“Oh really? What makes you think I want to travel with you?” he chuckled and then smirked at me. Oh no not the damn smirk.

“Who wouldn’t? But I would much rather have you over anyone else.” I blushed.

“Come on lover boy let’s go.”

“Only for you princess.” I rolled my eyes he knew I hated being called that. Finally after like 2 hours later we got a rental. Jon wanted a big car but they didn’t want to give him one. But the rental person just so happen to be a guy so I had to work my magic and in the end one. As we drove off I giggled and waved at the person and once we were out of sight I rolled my eyes.

“Ugh I hated that.” Jon laughed.

“Then why did you do it then?”

“Well a certain someone wanted a big car and it had already been 2 hours Jon.”

“Thanks.”

“Anything for lover boy.” Once we got to the hotel Jon went to check in which was taking longer than expected. The front desk women was as fake as they come. But she was flirting with Jon I didn’t like that what so ever. I felt my face getting hot and red. I walked up to Jon and put my hand on his arm.

“Babe what’s taking so long.” I looked up at him with the puppy dog eyes. The lady was glaring at me now.

“Oh I was just about to give him my number.”

“No you weren’t.” I smiled.

“Listen Lady..”

“No you listen Ms. Plastic. Don’t go disrespecting me now. So could I have to key to our room or do I have to go back there and get it.”

“Oh you wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me.” Just then a middle aged guy walked up behind her.

“Is there a problem here?” I smiled at him innocently.

“Yes sir she disrespected me and won’t give me the key to our room.”

“I am terribly sorry about that. Miss. Orton how about I bump you and your boyfriend here to a Romeo and Juliet suite no extra charge.” He handed me the key with a smile.