The family

Arie's POV:

It have been 4 hours since we took off from Dubai and Lya is playing with her iPad and eating chocolate ice cream.
I'm sitting and working on little things so I don't have to overthink so much about the company when I'm away. We're gonna be away for 2 months and my best friend Derk is gonna lead the company while I'm gone. I trust him with my job because he was with me from the beginning and we went to high school together and a lot of other things so I know him better that he knows himself.

I checked on Lya and she was now sleeping. I was done with my work so I didn't have much to do. I decided to take a nap, now that Lya is not awake I could sleep a little before we land.

I slept for about 30 minutes and woke up sweating from the nightmare I had. Those nightmares never let me sleep, the reason I can sleep is through sleeping pills. But right now I don't have them, so I have to buy some when we land.

I always think about that night, and how she didn't believe me. She chose to believe in her so called husband. She was never the mom I wished she was, I needed her the most that night, but she chose to walk away with her husband, and leave me alone on the cold floor, not bothering to call an ambulance. She left me all alone, my own 'mom'.
"I WAS ONLY 16 DAMN IT" my inner voice screamed. I haven't heard anything from her since that night 4 years ago, and honestly I couldn't care less.

She chose what she wanted that night, and I'm not gonna say that I wasn't hurt, but I've learned to live with it. After that night her dear husband fucked the shit out of me I've become another person. A person who's pride is broken, a person who was disgusted to look at herself, because every time she looked she remembered her stepdads words while raping her. " you are a whore" "you're slut" "you are nothing"..... and more of that shit.

I've tried to commit suicide twice, but at both times I was rescued by one of my family members. I've tried drugs, but nothing helped. And then I chose therapy, it seemed that it was the only thing that helped me out of my shit.
It was a year ago when I stopped therapy, I felt like I didn't need it anymore, because Lya was now my light and I was focused on her. I wanted to be a good mom and the opposite of what my so called 'mom' was.

When Lya turned 2 we moved to Dubai, I was by then graduated and my dad trusted me by myself. I started slowly to catch up my life together and opened my 'engineering company'. Derk was with me from the start and supported me, he also took care of Lya when I had important meetings and h....

I came out of my thoughts because my phone was ringing, I saw the caller Id and it was Elina my big sister, she's 25. She's like a mom for me and I'm so thankful for her and my family ' not my mom tho'.

"Heyyyyyyyy A, what's up" she says and I can feel her smile.

" what's up Ella" I call her, with the nickname that the whole family use.

" when are you gonna be here?, I miss Lya and I want to squeeze her checks sooo bad" She asks while laughing.

" omg Ella, literally if she cry I will kill you and plus how can you not miss me?" I say, because Lya hate when people squeeze her cheeks, she don't even let me squeeze her.

" oh shut up you know that I miss u too you are the family's little devil, anyways when are you guys gonna be here?" She says, and yes I'm the youngest in the family.

" we're gonna land in 4 hours, and yes I will call you when we land so don't worry" I say, because I know she's gonna say ' call me when you guys land'.

" okay good, should I send a car to pick you guys up? " she asks.

" oh no thanks Ella but my Ferrari is still in California" I say, while checking on Lya, she is still sleeping.

" okay good then, see you guys soon" she says and hang on.

I love my family, they was there when I needed them. I have 2 big brothers and 3 sisters including me. My eldest brother is Liam and he is 28, he's married to Adrianna and they have twins 'Alaska and Alicia' they are 7.

And then we have Luciano who is 27. He have he's also married to Valentina who's 25 and they have a little boy Emiliano that is 5. Him and Lya get along pretty well.

Annndddd now we have Elina known as Ella. She's 25 and single. But living her life don't worry about her.

And after we have Emily that is 24 and she's also single.

And me well you guys know me by now. I'm Arie White and I'm 19. I'm single and I don't think I will ever have a man in my life, because I don't want to have anyone. I don't want to have a stepdad to my daughter, because I'm afraid that my daughter will go through the same shit I went through.

And last but not least my dad Giovanni White. He is the reason where I am today, without him I will have been a psychopath by now. He always support me with everything even when I decided to keep Lya. 'You will always be my little princess' he will tell me that everyday, my siblings always bullied me because they are not my dads little princesses. But I love them 😌.

You probably wonder what my family work as. Well my dad is a famous CEO in USA and own a big company, my whole family works there, but I needed space from US so that's why I chose to move to Dubai and start a life there.

The plane was about to land and Lya was laying on my lap. We just played with dolls, but then she said that she didn't want to play anymore. Lya have asthma, and it causes her depression sometimes. She also went to riding and loved it, but she couldn't do it anymore because of her asthma. So every while she gets her depressions but the doctor said it was normal.

" Lya we're gonna land soon" I say while playing with her hair. She have pretty golden brown hair, just like me. My whole family envy me because of my hair and body. And I'm glad that Lya got her hair as mine.

" so we are gonna see grandpa and Emiliano soon?" She asks tiredly.

"Yes baby we are" I say and put her in her seat.

Vote 🤍