34. will everything be ok??

Varun's POV :

Avi : Hello varun sir.....

I was out of words. I didn't know how to react. I still didn't get over her. I fear talking to her might rekindle the emotion in me from which I try to run. Still I decided to go with the flow.

Varun : Hello.

Avi : sir do you remember me??

To remember I must forget her which obviously is impossible for me. She is in my mind 24×7.

Varun : How can I forget the one who instilled the much needed faith in me when I had no one to be earful during my low. I can never forget you Avanthika. I am also happy you watched the match thereafter and identified my name.

Avi : sir I watch all the matches without fail. In fact I was very happy when you won man of the match in your debut match.

I know she watches the match for karthick and I am jealous about the same.

Varun : you just made my day by letting me know that there is someone who is genuinely happy for me.

Avi : sir are we not friends??

She made a cute face. I feel hard to not express my love towards her.

Varun : we are..

Avi : Then your friend will obviously be happy in your achievement.

I just smiled at her comment. How innocent she is. Oh varun please remember she is not yours my mind gave me a reality check. While I was battling with my own emotions she continued.

Avi : where are you going sir??

Varun : IPL is about to start in a week and I needed some time for myself before match. So I decided to visit ooty.

Avi : Delhi team has bagged a powerful bowler. There is no doubt you will take some amazing wickets sir.

This girl here right next to me knows how to make someone smile. How can I not fall for her. Karthick you are really lucky man. I wish my sister imbibes atleast half of the goodness she has. I controlled my urge to ask about her journey. To my luck she started telling on her own.

Avi : sir ask me where I am going.

I laughed at her antics.

Varun : where are you going?

Avi : I am going to get engaged in my hometown. And you know the person whom I going to marry. He is your team mate.

Now I feel terrible. Oh god you brought her in front of me just to make me realize that she can never be mine. I felt a pang in my heart. I wish I never met her.

Avi : I think he might not have informed his team members. I want you to attend my engagement. He will be surprised and at the same time happy. Don't you want to know whom I am going to get married to??

Varun : Karthick Prakash. My presence in your engagement will neither be liked by karthick nor his family.

Avi : oh my karthick informed about our engagement??. And why will they not like you??

" My karthick" ouch this hurts.

Varun : Do you remember me saying about my cousin?? That cousin is karthick. They are good people and there is absolutely no harm in them hating me. It's obvious they will think I am as evil as my family and I don't need to prove them my nature. I wish you and karthick stay happy. And he didn't inform anyone in the team. I saw him carrying you in priya's engagement and the love his eyes held for you. I know it right from there.

Avi : now I made up my mind. I will go home only with you. You are right sir you don't need to prove anything to anyone. They will realize whom you are by themselves. I got my friend for life and how can he not be her side during the most important day in her life. You are not coming there as Karthick's cousin but as Avi's friend. Call me avi sir. That's how my friends call me. I will not call you you sir here after. What will your friends call you??

Varun : you can call me V. Please avi understand I am not just running from karthick and his family. I am also running from my dear friend adhvik, Lakshmi ma and parasuram Appa. Please understand.

Avi : why are you running from them??

Varun : adhvik is my closest friend since school. Though I am his cousin ma and pa looked after me like I am their son. After my father's rift with Prakash uncle and parasuram uncle I distanced myself from them just because I was afraid they will hate me one day.

She just held my hand and said " everything will be ok." And I believed her. Every time she is near me she made me feel heaven.

Avi's POV :

After hearing Varun sir, I understood there is a lot of patch work need to be done. Varun sir deserves happiness in his life. He is such a sweetheart which everyone will understand once they spend time with him. Karthick spoke about shalmili, rajasekhar uncle and aunty. But not for atleast one time he spoke about varun sir. So it is clear that the family as such doesn't hold any hate towards varun sir. It's just their feeling towards rajasekhar uncle. So these 3 days would be enough for them to understand varun sir. I will be very happy if this happens. Also it is clear from varun sir that adhvik Anna's family loves him so much. They would be really happy if they get their old V back.

Finally the flight landed. Appa said he has sent car to airport. After a lot of pleading I made varun sir and his friend kavin who came to pick up varun sir to come home with me. We finally arrived home. Everyone came out hearing the car sound. I was as nervous as varun sir. We finally got out of the car. I could see few happy faces and few shocked faces.

To be continued......