6. Good news

Karthick's POV :

Night time the entire family are having dinner together. Naina came running to me and she gave me a tight hug saying sorry that she disturbed me. I too apologized her for scolding and she gave me a kiss. Oh my monkey girl have taught her this I suddenly remembered. Again my thoughts drifted to her. My mom noticed me smiling and she asked me why am I smiling suddenly. I just bluffed her that I smiled thinking about naina.

After dinner was over, the elders retired to their room. Me, Anna, Priya, anni with Naina sleeping on her lap were discussing about granny's birthday and decided to have a small party with only too close people. Since all are busy we decided to handover the arrangements to an event manager. We said we don't want more than 4 employees here as we decided to have a simple party. After chatting for while we all retired to sleep.

Next morning,
We all wished grandma for her birthday and I as usual carried on with my routine. When I was practising in the nets I got a call from bcci saying that I got selected for the match with South Africa. I was very much excited and was over the moon. They also asked me to come to Bangalore for fitness test today itself and I agreed. My coach and my friends congratulated me. I called my family and they were literally crying. I informed them that I have to go to Bangalore for fitness test and will return in evening late. I have to attend my grandma's birthday party too. I took a flight to Bangalore reached there by 12.00 PM and after doing all the test I took a flight from Bangalore at 6.00 PM. I reached home by about 7.30 PM.

Avanthika's POV :

Today was a hectic day. There was an emergency during lunch time and since I was there I had to attend it all alone. It was a newborn baby with respiratory distress. I saved the baby by giving resuscitation. It was a struggle of good 3 hours. And I have missed my lunch. Missing our food is not a strange one and I don't complain about it. It is a part and parcel of doctor's life. Since the Cesarean was done by Priya ka she saw my struggle. After the surgery got over though she left theatre she was getting update about the baby from me. It was 4 in the evening and I went to daily rounds in the ward. Priya ka informed about the grandma's birthday party and invited me for the same. She invited Anu , rithu and few other friends of hers from her department.

I can't go empty handed, so I decided to get a gift. Since grandma loves to read I decided to buy her book. She likes spiritual books very much so I bought one.

Myself, Anu and rithu went to the part at 6.00pm in the evening. There we came to know that Priya ka's younger brother karthick sir got selected in Indian team. It is really a happy scene to look at a family which is happy. I mentally prayed for their family's happiness to last forever. I wished grandma for her birthday and took her blessings. She hugged me and gave me a kiss. I gave her the gift. She was so happy. She said only I gave her the best gift. Aunty said grandma loves me very much. I was so happy to hear that. Then I engaged myself with Naina and we were playing. Suddenly there was a crowd. All were cheering. I think karthick sir has come. I was not able to see him as he was surrounded.

I felt hunger pangs since I skipped my lunch. Priya ka also said me to have dinner as she knows my state. It was a buffet system and there was a small queue and I joined it.

Karthick's POV :

I entered home. my mom dad Anna Priya and anni all were happy and hugged me. Our happiness knew no bounds. I went to grandma and got her blessings. Suddenly I was surrounded by few people more of girls congratulating me. I was not comfortable with girls . It felt weird. Then I spotted my monkey girl standing in queue for food. My face lit up seeing her but at the same time I don't like her standing there she is also part of my family. I mean atleast for me. Ok now I decided to go to her. I stood behind her.

Omg this feeling is amazing . I can smell her. I have not stood this much close to any girl other than my family. She is such a positive energy. I saw she was impatient. I think she is hungry. It was her turn to get the food. She was taking food from few baskets and she stopped at a particular place. There was a small boy serving. He was very sad. I listened to their conversation.

Avanthika : Darling are you hungry?

Boy : yes akka.
He said in a faint tone.

Avanthika : then have food na. No one will say anything all are good people here.

Boy : they might be. I don't work for them. I work for a contractor. He is standing outside. If he comes to know then there will be a problem.

Avanthika : He won't know. You come with me.

Boy : akka you won't understand if he sees this station empty then I will be fired.

Avanthika : oh that's the problem. Wait.

She turned back. She saw me. My heart beat started to raise as if it's the last ball of last over and I need to hit a six. She asked me " sir please can you do me a favour, please sir I will be grateful to you if you do so"
How will I say no when the one asking me is close to my heart. I said I will do.
She asked me stand in the counter and asked me to serve till the boy comes. She said she will return once she makes the boy eat.
Her every deeds make me fall for her deeper. I said I will. I think she doesn't know that I am karthick. If she knows she would have not asked. Okay then it's going to be fun.
She took the boy to back side of the garden. I decided to follow her there. I made one of our maids to stand in the counter and tiptoed behind her without her knowledge.