28. A shocker

Author's POV :

Avi reached home. Gauri and Kumar were happy to see their daughter after a long time. Gauri prepared all the dishes Avi like and Kumar also took leave from his work. Both Kumar and Gauri are doctors.

Kumar : princess are you eating well or not. You have lost so much weight.

Avi : Appa I am eating well.

Kumar : I have bought your favourite rasamalai and Hersheys chocolate. Shall I bring it now.

Gauri : started your drama after seeing your daughter.

Kumar : your mom have prepared your favourite rava dosa. You eat that first and then you can have your rasamslai.

Avi : ok Appa. Come we will all eat together.

Gauri : I will feed you with my own hands come.

Avi : ma you also eat na. I will eat myself.

Gauri : no I will eat later you first eat.
Seeing the love and affection of her parents Avi started feeling guilty as she is hiding a big decision of hers from her parents.

Avi : ma enough you eat.

Kumar : why my princess you don't like it or what?? Gauri take the rasamalai from fridge. My princess will eat it.

Avi : No Appa I am tired I will eat later.

Kumar : ok princess get some sleep.

Gauri : Avi myself and Appa bought a set of gold bangles for you. It is the same model shown in the advertisement. Have a look and say whether you like it or not.

Kumar : my princess always likes my selection. When she has objected our selection?? Right my darling.
Avi felt guilty. If she stays there even for a minute she would break down. She just nodded her head.

Gauri : talk with your daughter later. Look she is tired. Let her sleep. Go to your room Avi. We will discuss things tomorrow.

Avi went to her room and fell on the bed. Tears started rolling from her eyes. She felt as if she was deceiving her parents. She is very much sure that her parents being simple and orthodox will not accept her love. She closed her eyes and imagined Karthick's face. Suddenly her phone started to ring. It was from Karthick. She wiped her tears and decided not to let Karthick know that she cried because if he knows he will start worrying.

Karthick : hey love, reached home safely??

Avi : yes Karthick.

Karthick : what happened baby?? You sound low. Is something bothering you?

Avi : nothing Karthick. Did you have dinner??

Karthick : yes I had. What about you??

Avi : I too had. What is Naina baby doing??

Karthick : Always ask about her. She is my main villain.

Avi : you are within me Karthick and how can I ask about me to myself ???

Karthick : then I can also sense a part of me is not fine.

Avi : nothing like that Karthick. You think too much. Go to sleep early. Then only you can practice with full energy.

Karthick : ok doctor. Bye. Don't worry. your parents will accept us. Wipe your tears away and sleep.

Avi : bye Karthick.
Avi was astonished by Karthick's love towards her. Though he is nearly 450 kms away from her, he rightly identified avi's condition and consoled her. Thinking about each other, the love birds slept.

After 2 days, Prakash, Anuradha, Arjun, Harini, Naina, Priya and Karthick decided to meet avi's parents and they reached her home.

Karthick's POV :

Finally we reached her house. I am very nervous and at the same time excited to see her. Yesterday she called me atleast 5 times but I didn't pick up her call purposely and she must be mad at me. Finally my father pressed the calling bell. And there came my Avi's parents.

Kumar : Yes sir how can I help you??

Priya : I am Priya, Avi's friend from Chennai.

Gauri : oh Priya yes I have heard a lot about you and your family from her. Please all come in. Have your seat. Let me bring something for you to eat.

Kumar : Thank you sir and madam for looking after my princess like your own child.

Prakash : she is a divine child. We all love her soo much.

Kumar : nice to hear it sir. So the cricketer Karthick Prakash is also here. You are very talented my boy. We all are feeling proud when we see you in the ground. Keep going champion.

Karthick : Thank you uncle.
I felt overwhelmed when my father-in-law appreciated me. Aunty came with fruits and juice asking us to have it. Then we all got introduced to them. But still I haven't seen my love. Where is she?? What she must be doing?? I nudged Priya to ask them about her.

Priya : uncle where is Avi ??

Kumar : She is in her room upstairs. You must be knowing her na, when she gets into the world of books it is difficult to bring her back. Wait I will call her.
Uncle called Avi through phone and said that someone has come to meet her. I think she must have asked who have come. He just asked her to come and find out.

Finally my baby came down. She was shocked seeing us. She started sweating. I felt like running towards her and comforting her.

Avi : hi mom and dad. Arjun Anna, anni welcome home. My Naina baby you didn't go to school today?? Priya ka you could have informed me about your arrival na??

Prakash : first sit my dear. We all wanted to surprise you so we didn't inform prior. Kumar sir and Gauri Mam we all have come here to discuss an important matter.

Kumar : yes sir please tell me.

Prakash : My son Karthick and Avi like each other. And we also like her and we would be happy if you give your daughter's hand to our Karthick. I assure you that he will take care of your daughter with utmost love and she will be happy with my son.

I can see both uncle and aunty getting shocked. Anger was visible in uncle's eyes. My love also started shivering. I mentally prayed to god that he should not harm my Avi both physically and mentally but my prayers went unanswered. What he did next broke me completely.