25. Under the stars

Karthick's POV :

            It feels soo good to be alone with your love under the stars. We sat in a corner with our back resting on terrace wall. She laid her head on my shoulders and I hugged her tightly. We stayed like that in silence without uttering a single word. After sometime she initiated the conversation with us staying in the same position.

Avi : Karthick in two days I am going to Coimbatore. I will be returning to Chennai only after 10 days.

Karthick : why baby Suddenly you have decided to go home??

Avi : it's been a long time since I visited my parents. I informed everyone here except you since I met you today only I am informing you now.

Karthick : ok my love. You go. I will come and drop you in airport.

Avi : that's all Karthick??
She raised her head and got herself untangled from my hug.

Karthick : why baby what happened??

Avi : you are seeing me after long time and when I say that I have to go to my hometown you just ask me to go without any objection.

Karthick : believe me baby it's hard for me too. But I am thinking about your parents. They must be craving to see their daughter na??

Avi : But Karthick I am afraid. I am afraid to say that I love someone of my choice. I don't know what they are going to say. Now I am in a state where I can't think anyone except you as my life partner. I am also afraid about Rajasekhar uncle Karthick. If he does something to you, I will die Karthick. I don't know why I am getting all the negative thoughts Karthick. I am afraid that someone will separate us. Make me yours Karthick now at this moment so that nothing can separate us. Please Karthick I beg you.

Saying this she broke down into tears. I hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. I patted her back. I have already made a plan in my mind about convincing her parents but I didn't tell her. I wanted to surprise her. But why suddenly she is talking about Mr. Rajasekhar. I am very sure he or his evil daughter might have threatened her. I will take care of them too. She is asking me to make her mine in all ways which I will do it with all my pleasure but not like this. I know she is not happily ready for that. She is a girl who will willingly give all her mind, body and soul after marriage. But now she is uttering all those words out of fear. I really have a hard time controlling myself when I am around her. She should understand that first. This girl never fails to make me fall for her deeper and deeper with her innocence.

Karthick : Baby calm down. I will take care of everything. You just enjoy this moment. Not only in this birth but in all the births we take you are mine, only mine. You should not think about anything other than me. Leave the rest to me. I will sort out the things. And regarding making you mine, I will do it when you happily ask for it. Not like this out of fear.

Avi : I love you Karthick.
Saying these magical words she took a gift box which she carried with her and I didn't notice that. She gave the gift to me and asked me to open. I opened the gift and found a bracelet inside it with the wordings "cricketer" written on it. She herself made me wear the bracelet.

 She herself made me wear the bracelet

Karthick : Thank you my love. I will never remove it.

Avi : yes you should not remove it. It should remind you that I love you not only in your happiness but also in your hard times. What ever you go through whether it is high or low leave it in the ground and when you enter home you are son to your parents, brother to your siblings and everything to me. That's what matters at the end of the day. Stay calm in all your victories and bad times. This bracelet should remind you all these.

Karthick : what would I do if I didn't meet you?? My parents have given me everything that I am today but you are making me a better person everyday.
Saying this I kissed her forehead. Then we discussed some random things. While I was talking I noticed that she slept. Without disturbing her I too fell into deep slumber with her head resting on my chest and myself hugging her tightly in the same sitting position.

Bright rays disturbed my sleep. Rubbing my eyes I woke up and found that we slept here in the terrace the whole night. My love is peacefully sleeping in my arms. I found a bed sheet covering us. I don't have a memory of carrying one. Who might have done this?? While I was in deep thoughts my love began to stir. I think she is going to wake up. I decided to play with her. I pretended as if I am asleep. I could sense that she woke up. Then she held her hands near my face as if blocking the rays falling on my face. I opened my eyes and kissed her forehead.

Karthick : what?? are you trying to slap me???

Avi : haha no Karthick I was trying to block the sun rays falling on your face so that your sleep doesn't get disturbed.

Karthick : only you can think all these baby.
Again I hugged her not willing to get out of our little world. But suddenly I heard a cough sound. We both turned toward the source of sound and found my mom and anni smirking at us. Avi started wiggling from from my hug. I being myself still held her with my one hand wrapped around her shoulders.

Anuradha : are you guys planning to come down or not???

Avi : sorry mom.
Saying this she forcefully got up and stood.

Anuradha : Harini you take Avi down and give the essentials for her to freshen up.

Harini : ok mom.
Anni gave me a look as if I am gone and took Avi along with her. She went along with anni. Though she was walking she kept her head turned towards me to see whether I am fine. I watch her figure disappear. Mom cleared her throat.

Karthick : ma sorry ma. I am seeing her after a long time and I could not hold myself. I only brought her here ma and I promise you that we did nothing except talking ma.

Mom : Why are you asking sorry da?? I am very much happy for you both. I just thought of prentending to be angry with you both but after seeing you both like this I could not. I am happy that Avi is opening about her fears with you da.
I was shocked. So mom listened to us.

Karthick : ma so you heard us yesterday???

Anuradha : yesterday I went to Priya's room to see whether the girls have slept. But your sister was behaving weirdly and not letting me inside her room. I was not able to sleep so I thought of getting some fresh air and came to terrace only to see you confronting her and I must say this my son that I am soo proud of you.

Karthick : thank you ma not only for your words but also for the bed sheet.

Anuradha : you are welcome my son.