23. Changing for good

Varun's POV :

When they took Avanthika to hospital even I wanted to go there and see her. At the time my sister mili came there fuming in anger. My father asked her the reason for her anger. She said she want to go home. We reached our home. She narrated her conversation with Karthick. My father asked her to cool down.

Mili : It's all because of that bit** Avanthika pa, Karthick is ignoring me like a flu.

Varun : hey you know Avanthika?? Why are you bringing her in between.

Mili : I very well know her and what she is capable of. I didn't bring her inbetween she comes by herself. Karthick loves her so much that loving me is secondary, he not even acknowledges my presence.

Varun : how could this happen?

Mili : it doesn't mean if you love her nobody should love her bro.

Varun : how do you know that I love her??

Mili : your face says that all.

Rajasekhar : is it true Varun ??

Varun : yes pa. I love her.

Parvathi : that one girl is playing with my children. Me and your papa investigated about her. She belongs to a very normal middle class family who is of no use. Even your father scolded her once to leave Karthick. Still she is with him means see the nerve of this girl.

Varun : you guys are unbelievable. You did this to a innocent girl ?

Mili : innocent my foot.

Rajasekhar : i will finish off that girl.

Varun : I will not let you touch her mr. Rajasekhar. I will protect her from all you evil fellows.

Mili : what is with that girl everybody runs behind her.

Varun : the one which you don't have and you can never understand.

Mili : tell me bro. Don't behave like Karthick

Varun : empathy

Mili : he is a fool Appa. Don't kill her, if you do so Karthick will always think about her and he will never move on. I will plan in such a way that Karthick will hate even her name.

Varun : you will end up hating yourself.

Mili : you know what bro I can do anything. See only Karthick loves her. She doesn't. So you have a fair chance.

Varun : in all the things you said only this made me happy. Tomorrow I will visit hospital and tell her my feelings. Surely she won't deny.

Mili : how you are very sure?

Varun : because we have already met each other.
I narrated the entire incident to my family.

Mili : oh this is how she traps rich boys.

Varun : she is not like you mili.

Mili : ok ok I won't say anything. I will also come to hospital tomorrow with you.

Varun : is anything evil running in your mind behind this hospital visit??

Mili : you are also coming na, if I did anything wrong you can stop me.

Varun : ok.

That day I could not sleep. This girl made me realise the real me. How could I let her go. No I won't. She is mine. Karthick if you try to take her from me, I won't hesitate to imbibe my father's character man. She is my queen. No one can take her from me.

The next day, myself and mili visited the hospital. We were about to enter her room. That time I heard a boy lashing my Avanthika for not loving Karthick back. All these fellows around her won't let her in peace. But what she said totally shook me. She confessed that she too loves Karthick and explained him why she didn't confess it till now. She was ready to sacrifice her love for the sake of his family and his happiness. She was ready to let go of him thinking that he would be more happy without her.

         That time Karthick came from behind and consoled her finally making her confess her love. Then he hugged her tightly. I could not see that further. I was totally shattered. I returned home. I realised one thing that they both love each other selflessly and when my love is ready to sacrifice her love for Karthick, I am ready to sacrifice my love for her. I just need her happy. I won't allow my family members to harm her. I will protect you like a shield Avanthika. While I was thinking mili came to my room.

Mili : now listen to me. If you want that girl , let us take her forcefully and you marry her.

Varun : mili atleast now change yourself. Look at that girl who was ready to sacrifice her love for Karthick and you. Atleast try to be 1% of her. You don't destroy your life hearing father's words.

Mili : do you think I love Karthick just for the benefit of papa Varun? No I love him genuinely.

Varun : but your love should not harm anyone mili. Please understand his happiness is with Avanthika. Let him be with her. What you have for Karthick is not love, it is obsession.

Mili : Anna I am not a saint like you. I will listen to your words in everything but not with my Karthick. I love him madly Anna.

Varun : this madness will destroy you mili.

Mili : not before destroying that Avanthika.

Varun : I will not let you commit that sin mili.

Mili : why bro this much love for a girl whom you met only once.

Varun : that girl changed my entire perspective of life mili. She made me realise myself. She changed me for good. I have never met anyone like her mili.

Mili : and now you let go of her this easily.

Varun : yesterday even I was like you. That I should make her mine by hook or crook. But after listening to her I understood the meaning of real love mili. I am happy because she is happy now mili.

Mili : do you think that I will let her live in peace??

Varun : I won't see whether it is my parents or sister, I will teach you guys a nice lesson if you try to harm her.

Mili : sorry bro let us see who wins this game.

Varun : you know about me. I will even give my life to protect her.....

What do you guys think about Varun??

Let us see what future holds for Varun, Avanthika and Karthick.....