30. Promise...

Karthick's POV :

Kumar : I accept your decision my princess.

Avi : Thank you pa and ma.
Saying this she hugged them both. I was on cloud nine. I could not believe my ears. Amidst this excitement I didn't fail to notice that her dad is not happy. Though he accepted us, I could sense that he is not fully satisfied and I don't want things like this. He should give me his daughter's hand whole heartedly. Then only we could be happy. I decided to clear the air before going to Chennai.

Gauri : As you all have come all the way from Chennai and now the matter is settled, me and Kumar would be happy if you stay here for few days. Please don't say no.

Anuradha : we are glad you asked us this. All the men in our house are always busy and never take us out. Prakash we should stay here for atleast two days.
            Saying this my mom winked at me. I could understand that she is doing all this for me. I was happy as I can spend two more days with my love. I also have a big job of assuring my father in law.

Prakash : Ok then as you say madam. Now I understood why you asked us to pack our dresses also.
           My father saluted my mom. And we all laughed looking at their nok joke.

Kumar : Gauri then prepare dinner for everyone. All must be hungry especially the little one.
            Saying this uncle lifted Naina lovingly. My mom, Harini anni, pri and Avi went along with Gauri aunty to help her in kitchen. We gents were sitting in the hall. My dad, uncle and brother were engaged in some conversation and I understood my uncle is not comfortable around me. I don't know what is bothering him. I decided to talk it out with him.

Karthick : uncle if you want to ask me anything, you can ask. I feel something about me is bothering you.

Kumar : Nothing like that Karthick.
          My father sensing the uneasiness surrounding the room left the room along with my brother saying that he would be outside seeing the garden.

Karthick : Uncle I can see the amount of love you have for your daughter. I know she is your life and believe me she is my life too from the moment I saw her. It is not about she looking beautiful or well educated. All these things didn't enter my brain. I just find that I and Avi have a soulful connection. I will take care of her like I do for my mother uncle. Everyone in our house right from Naina to my grandmother likes her uncle. She will be happy with us uncle. I want you and aunty too to stay with us uncle. You and aunty are my other parents uncle. We all can live in same house uncle. Even now if you are not satisfied I will try harder and prove my love for Avi uncle.

Kumar : I am speechless my son. I was worried thinking about my daughter adapting to your family customs and traditions. Also the fact that we could not afford to your status. But after talking with your parents I understood they value my daughter more than money. But still I was afraid of the fact that you being constantly under public supervision and criticism which may affect your relationship with my daughter. Will this be practically possible?? All these were bothering me though I tried to justify myself with my daughter's happiness. After hearing you, I understood I can never find someone like you who could love my daughter unconditionally. I consider my daughter to be lucky to have a husband like you.
         Saying this he hugged me. And I hugged him back. Meanwhile I heard a gasping sound and turned to see my dad and brother in pure shock.

Prakash : so much love between father and son??

Karthick : are you jealous dad that you have to share your son??

Prakash : Absolutely not since I have got a golden daughter like Avi.
           Meanwhile the ladies came and informed us that the dinner is ready. We were having our dinner chit chatting. Naina was sitting on Gauri aunty's lap and aunty was feeding her. We all asked what the elders spoke leaving us in downstairs. My mom said she said my in laws about our entire family's love for Avi and that they won't leave unless uncle and aunty agree for our marriage. We were shocked. Is this the way to ask?? My parents I should say still are not mature. We all laughed our heart out. We completed our dinner and uncle said that he will show few places tomorrow.

            We all were allotted rooms to sleep. My mom and dad in downfloor guest bedroom. Uncle and aunt in their bedroom. Avi, Priya, anni in her bedroom upstairs. Me Anna and Naina in other bedroom opposite to Avi's.  Our parents asked us to sleep early as we have planned a trip tomorrow.

              Myself Anna and Naina came to the room allotted to us. We made Naina sleep. Myself and Anna were talking about the day. I received a message and it was from my Avi. It read I love you hubby. I typed I love you wifey and pressed send button. I shouted and started dancing. My brother looked at me weirdly.

Arjun : hey you nuts don't scream.

Karthick : Dei Anna my Avi messaged me da.

Arjun : yea I could totally relate seeing your actions. You want to meet her now???

Karthick : no I have to sleep now peacefully thinking about her.

Arjun : you are crazy da Karthick.

Karthick : she made me like this bro.

Author's POV :

In Avi's room, Priya and Harini were teasing Avi and making her blush. She turned a brighter shade of tomato. They informed avi's friends and Sathish about today's events and they congratulated her. All prepared to sleep. Priya could not sleep as she was missing adhvik, so they were talking in phone. Harini slept. Avi could not sleep thinking about today's events. So she messaged Karthick and she was smiling looking at the reply he sent her. She tried to get some sleep but today's events were continuously running in her mind. Finally she too slept thinking about Karthick.

So guys, finally after a long time...

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. If so please vote and comment. It means a lot.... it will motivate me to write the book further.