11. Welcome party

Anuradha's POV :

                My son Karthick is coming home after 1 month that too after attaining what he wants. We all are happy for him. We arranged for a small welcome party. Myself and Harini invited few people. Athai (athai in Tamil means husband's mom) has asked to invite his brother's family too which I did. Athai's brother died long ago. He has a son who is Rajasekhar. We don't share a great bond with Rajasekhar as he and his wife Parvathi are always jealous of us. The reason is long back my husband and Rajasekhar were business partners. Rajasekhar started to indulge in some unethical things which my husband didn't support. My husband said he won't accept such things and he himself came out from the company and started new business and he is very much successful today. My father in law died 10 years ago. He was a honest man. And so is my husband Prakash. As we are self made and have earned more property and respect than Rajasekhar uncle, he is jealous of us. But for the respect of our family we invite each other on special occasions. They have a daughter shalmili. She is a spoilt brat. So is their son Varun.

Next I called Lakshmi Anni.

Anuradha : anni how are you.

Lakshmi: fine Anu. I am so happy for Karthick. Here ur Anna didn't sleep as if he was going to play the match.

Anuradha: yea adhvik also said the same.

Lakshmi: oho so mother in law and son in law are passing information from here to there and vice versa.

Anuradha: yes anni when you and your daughter in law team up we will also do the same.

Lakshmi : pri is my daughter not daughter in law.

Anuradha: so is adhvik to me. Iam just waiting for him to come to India. So that we can get pri and adhvik married.

Lakshmi: yes I am also waiting for that day.

Anuradha: anni today Karthick is coming home.

Lakshmi: yea I know. Karthick spoke with me. Myself and my hubby are coming today evening.

Anuradha: I called for the same. We have planned for a surprise party. You should come here.

Lakshmi: yes we will come.

Anuradha: ok anni. Bye.

Priya's POV :
               My brother will come by evening 5.00 pm. I am very much excited for him. I spoke with adhvik through Skype and he also suggested some ideas for surprise party. I also told him about Karthick's feelings towards Avanthika. He is not believing it. He said he will believe only when he sees them together. I can't blame him. It is because of the vibe my brother gives to others. Now I have to invite Avanthika. So we decided to meet at canteen during break. In canteen when myself and Avi were talking Rithu and Anu also joined us.

Priya : Avi today my brother is returning home.

Rithu : omg is mr. Karthick coming home??

Anu : yea myself and Rithu saw the match. He is a star. He won man of the match.

Priya : yes girls and thank you for your compliments. Avi, rithu and Anu you all should come home today by 4.45 pm. We have arranged for a small welcome party. He doesn't know this. Let us all surprise him.

Rithu and Anu : we are in.

Priya : Avi why are you not saying anything?

Avi : Akka I am happy for him and for the entire family. But is our presence necessary at this time? Because he is coming home after 1 month and it is obvious that he wants to meet his family and friends. we are no one to him. Our presence should not irritate him.

" omg what can I do with this girl. It is her whom my brother will be longing to see. But I can't say this to her also. Oh god please help me" I thought .

Anu : Akka she is always like this. A spoil sport. Leave her. I will come.
"I loooveee Karthick" Anu whispered dreamily so that no one could hear her.

Rithu : even I will come.
" I will impress you Karthick" rithu thought.

Priya : But Avi you are our family only. See if you don't come myself mom and Paati would get upset. I thought you care for us.

Avi : I care for you people Ka. So only I said this. I want all your care and affection to be showered on him only. Outsiders should not disturb. So I am just standing away. That's it.

Priya : ooi Paati ma if you don't come don't ever talk to us.

Avi : Akka I will come for you. Ok? Happy??

Priya : yes soooo much.

Rithu and Anu : you are not happy that we are coming?

Priya : I very well know why you girls are coming.

Rithu and Anu : we don't care......

Harini's POV :
So finally all set. Rajasekhar uncle and parvati aunty along with shalmili and Varun have arrived. We hate these people because they see us as if we have stolen something from them. This shalmili has caked up her face and looks like a witch. She is throwing tantrums since the time she has arrived. Lakshmi ma and Parasuram Appa also arrived. They are sweet people and are future in laws of pri. I know they will take care of her like their daughter. Naina has prepared a greeting card for her Chithappa and all the friends of Karthick has arrived. Even pri's friends have arrived except Avi. Pri said she would come late as she has some important work today. The car has arrived. Yes Karthick is back. We have closed the front door.

As Karthick entered in opening the door, we all shouted congratulations Karthick.......

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.
Check chapter 2 I have added a lot of characters.