35. Rift ??

Author's POV :

Kumar : oh varun, right now number one bowler. Welcome home dear. I think karthick now has his perfect company.

Avi : Appa Varun sir is karthick's cousin. And this is his friend kavin.

Kumar : oh that's so nice to hear. Welcome home.

Varun : Thank you uncle. I am also Avi's friend.

Prakash : welcome varun. I am happy to see you. How are you doing.

Varun : Fine mama ( mama means uncle )

All these are making karthick really angry. He is not angry with varun. He is angry with Avi. Also varun's arrival is not being liked by Priya and paati ( paati - grandma). Anuradha doesn't know how to react. Same with arjun and Harini.

Prakash : you stay here till karthick's engagement varun. We will go home together. Or else do you have any other work here.

Varun : mama actually I came Coimbatore to see my friend kavin. I will stay in his home. I just came here to say hi to you guys. Avi didn't leave me. She dragged me here. Sorry to trouble you mama.

Lakshmi : Why varun?? Who said you are troubling others? You will imagine things yourself and keep running away from people who love you.

Lakshmi started crying. Everyone realizing where it is going went away to give them space. Lakshmi dragged varun to her room. Parasuram adhvik and kavin followed them. After greeting everyone avi went to her parents room to tell them about everything. After listening to her, her parents felt proud about their daughter. In this age of daughter in laws breaking the family, here their daughter is trying to bring everyone close and clear their misunderstandings. Her parents asked her to visit her in laws and spend some time with them. She went to meet paati first.

Elsewhere in Lakshmi ma's room,

Lakshmi : please I beg you to give back my old varun. I want my another son back.
Lakshmi ma said these lines with tears. Parasuram gently stroked his wife's head while adhvik comforted her by keeping his hands on his shoulder. Varun who was head strong completely lost it. He lied down on Lakshmi ma's lap. Adhvik was very happy as he got his friend back. Adhvik and kavin hugged each other by seeing their friend slowly opening up. Adhvik got his lost hope that he will be able to get his friend back.

Varun : sorry ma I was just afraid that you would hate me one day and I would not be able to bear that. Also I don't want any rift between you and Prakash uncle.

Parasuram : So you decided to make us suffer?

Varun : sorry appa. I am feeling terrible. I won't repeat the mistake.

Lakshmi : How could I hate my son. I know my son could never ever harm an insect. Please don't leave us again.

Varun : sorry ma.

Adhvik : hey man, ask sorry from me.

Varun : sorry buddy.

Kavin : and that calls for a group hug.

All 3 had a good warm tight hug. 3 Friends along with Lakshmi and parasuram started to catch up things with varun which they missed over past years.

Meanwhile avi, who came out of her parents room to meet paati was stopped by naina and few other kids of her relatives. All started to play with her. Naina was nudging avi to take her in arms. While avi was about to lift her, karthick came all of a sudden and dragged Avi to a corner.

Avi : so my karthick is desperate to talk with me.
Avi said these words hugging karthick. Karthick pushed her immediately. Tears welled in avi's eyes. But she didn't cry. She controlled her tears.

Avi : what happened karthick?

Karthick : oh really? You don't know what is happening??

Avi : are you angry with Varun's arrival? Please relax he is not what you think. He won't say rajasekhar uncle about the engagement. They won't know what is happening here.

Karthick : hey hello the day I decided I am going to get married to you, you became my life. I am not afraid of any rajasekhar. I don't care if he knows what's happening here. I will proudly introduce my wife to the world this second.

Avi : Then what is troubling you Karthick?

Karthick : Miss Avanthika Kumar are you even for real ??

Avi : karthick please tell me what is bothering you??

Karthick : How you know him??

Before avi could answer, priya came there.

Priya : Avi paati is calling you.

Karthick : I am talking with her. Not now.

Priya : it's more important karthick. Oh my Avanthika, the great can you come and meet paati. You have time for all the shit but not for elders. What this karthick has brought home?

Karthick : You want her to meet paati that's it na. Go we will come. Mind your words before letting them out. This is not the way you treat my wife.

Priya : Excuse me I am talking for you. You mind your words. You are talking to your sister.

Avi : please you guys don't fight. Priya ka come let's go.

Priya : Don't ever call me that here after. Just shut your mouth and come with me.
Karthick now could not bear this. He came forward to talk with her but avi hugged him and asked him not to talk. He decided to remain silent for the time being.

Priya : Drama Queen enough of your drama come elders are waiting for you.

Avi and karthick followed Priya. Everyone from karthick's family were present there. Prakash and anuradha seemed cool. Harini and arjun were matured enough to hear things from avi. Only people who were angry are paati and Priya. Of course they were worried rajasekhar would do some nasty things to stop the wedding. Avi took blessings from paati, Prakash uncle and anuradha aunty. Paati was the first one to speak.

Paati : Do you know who varun is ?

Avi : yes paati.

Paati : then why you brought him here??

Avi : paati varun sir is not like rajasekhar uncle.

Paati : what do you know about Raja?? He would go to any extent to stop this marriage.

Karthick : paati I won't let that happen. Don't worry.

Paati : Did I ask you anything? You just shut up. Hey you Avanthika how you know varun ??

Avi didn't know what to answer. She obviously didn't want everyone to know how she met varun because she felt it was not right to discuss about someone's personal suffering with everyone while the person trusted you with whole heart. She kept mum

Paati : will you open your mouth or not??

Varun : sorry to interrupt. I will give you guys all the answers you want.