...

My eyes opened. My vision gradually readjusted to the room in which I was withheld in around me.

Ah. Here I am again, laying on my back and facing up at yet another ceiling of a medical center.

...

I can't be surprised anymore; My life is practically a movie at this point.

I rotated my head to look around. I came to quickly realize that "Medical Center" wasn't exactly the correct interpretation of the cubic space. It was the school nurse's room.

I had no issue sitting up. I half expected to be in some sort of agony, especially around the region where my stitches were embedded. But I didn't feel anything.

"Oh, you're up sooner then expected." The nurse said to me whilst turning in her chair. She adjusted her glasses with a finger with a flutter of her eyelashes. "How's your head, kid?"

"Mm." I responded, nodding. "It's fine."

The casually dressed nurse stood from her chair, clipboard in hand. "...Well then I believe you can leave whenever you grasp the legs to, then. Your friend that brought you here made it obnoxiously clear to notify him once you woke." She explained. "I imagine he's still in class, so I'll-" The door to the office creaked open, successfully stealing our attention.

Leon stood at the door.

The nurse sighed. I only stared at him. It was hard to even force a smile.

"Sorry for barging, Nurse Layla." Leon apologized whilst taking a step into the room. The wooden door momentarily swung to a close behind him.

"No need to be sorry now. (Y/N) is your buddy, after all." Nurse Layla said, smiling whilst shaking her head. She walked to the middle of the room, her heels tapping against the aged tile. "Just avoid skipping class the next time something like this happens; You're a senior now." She advised.

Leon laughed at her words, driving his hands into his pant-pockets. "Y-Yeah, I'll try."

The older woman glanced at me then back at Leon. "Anyways now, he says he's fine but I'd still like him monitored as he walks the campus; Sense you're here, keep an eye out for anything strange regarding head trauma, such as dizziness and nausea. I have to leave the building for a minute, so notify the nearest teacher if it comes to so. You're permitted to leave when the dismissal bell rings..." She went on. Leon nodded and agreed, and with that Nurse Layla had exited the office.

Leon pulled a stool over to the bed which I sat on and sat in front of me. He was quick to place his hand over my forehead. I flinched in response, the life semi-being brought back to my (E/C) gaze.

"... It's feint, but there is a bit of swelling." He confirmed with an exhale from his nose. He retracted his hand back into his lap and focused his eyes on my own. "We should figure things out while it's all fresh, just to move forward. Talk to me. What happened back there was... It was—"

"Crazy. Psychotic, even." I added, monotone.

"That's not what I wanted to say..." Leon explained with earnest. His lips pursed and his head lowered some.

It was silent, a constant buzzing sounding from a distant cicada-bug serving as white noise from the outside into the high-school.