Till The Very Ends With It

"Hello and welcome back to the NHK Newsline. I'm your host, Atsuko Shiranomi, here presenting to the people of Tokyo with an urgent matter of current events. Recently we've received notice of a sudden "wildfire" springing about in the middle of a stray wooden area, a small forest along the outskirts of Tokyo. In response, our camera crew decided to venture out into said location to confirm this report. The crew was devastated, as to where they found the whereabouts of where the fire had sprung about was a large mansion set ablaze completely, spreading quickly to the wooded area surrounding it. Naturally, the authorities as well as the fire department were contacted, and even now as I speak to you all, the fire squads are still working their hardest to completely snuff out this abrupt and deadly candle..."

"—Stay strong, Mister and Misses (L/N)

"—Stay strong, Mister and Misses (L/N). We have our tech people accessing all the cameras around the vicinity of (Y/N)'s school and your home. Once they've spotted your son and have pinpointed where he's gone, I'll contact you right away. All you can do for now is be patient." A quite burly policeman explained to the two troubled parents.

"I knew I should have taken more time off to tend to him..." (Y/N)'s mother sobbed, her husband wrapping a supportive arm around her.

"You can't put all of the blame on yourself; I'm his father, I should have noticed he was under so much pressure the moment he was booked into a hospital... But we'll find him." (Y/N)'s father reassured with a tough front, although he was feeling just as guilty.

"Your husband's right: Finding someone to blame'll only strain your feelings for the situation more." The law man stated with a huff. "The two of you have my word, not just mine, but the whole station's as well. We will bring back (Y/N)."

The two parents exchanged looks with one another. (Y/N)'s father smiled some at his wife. They were both tired, and waiting around was the last thing they wanted to do—but it was out of their hands. Wiping her tears with her fingertips, (Y/N)'s mother nodded at the policeman's words, once again finding hope for the situation.

The two parents left the station and went home with belief in their town's police.

A week passed. Although under stress, the two middle aged adults still had bills to pay and minimum off days; So they continued to work. Neither of them had received a call from the police station as of yet.

Two months went by. It was finally summer and school had finally got out, underclassmen shifting to upperclassmen. Soon after, the day came for seniors to graduate into adulthood. It was a special day for not just students alone, but their families as well, for parents to give a day of their hard working lives to their sons and daughters. Though, (Y/N)'s parents proceeded to work their jobs at the hardest on this day, for they didn't have a graduation to go to this year. A call had still yet to come.