Suspicions (CORRECTIONS MADE)

"Yo (Y/N)! You ready to detect some liars?"

"Nope." I was beat. I barely got any sleep last night, and I don't know why, really.
If I were honest, it just felt like somebody was watching me. "Can we do the whole 'detect liars' thing tomorrow?" I said, motioning air quotations around the phrase.

"C'mon~ I'm excited! You can't just leave me hanging." Leon whined, the high pitched noise was like daggers to my skull. I massaged my temples hoping it would soothe the sharp pain.

Leon continued his whining as my migraine became worse by the second, but I decided not to say anything.

Before long we were at our desks. I could see Nathan looking at me from the corner of my eye. While he was writing something down in his notebook I waved Leon over. He had a questioning look on his face.
"What is it?" He whispered.
I leaned in closer to Leon and pointed at Nathan, making sure to lower my voice.

"You see that guy over there?" I whispered, trying not to make it too obvious who I was talking about.

"Oh, that kid? Isn't his name Nathan or something like that?" Leon's tone was harsh. I knew Nathan wasn't liked, but I felt that was a little too much.

"Yeah, him. He's a little strange, in my book. You think we should start with him?"

"A 'little' strange?" Leon chuckled, "He's a borderline sociopath!" I quickly signaled Leon to shut-up, lightly slugging him in the shoulder.

"... What do you mean?" My eyes narrowed.

"He used to fucking make dolls of other students and tear them apart during recess! And to add to that he made creepy voices while doing it."

"Well." I peaked a look at Nathan who seemed to pay no mind toward us. "... Maybe he changed? I mean, we all did screwed up mess as kids."

Leon facepalmed. "Are you seriously defending him?"

I could feel myself grin a little bit. "Y'know what? Yeah, I am. I used to be an outcast too, and I still kinda am one."

Leon placed a hand on my shoulder, forwarding me a serious look.
"I don't think you understand (Y/N), he's creepy as all hell."

"And that's exactly why we should start with him. Maybe he knows something, maybe the reason he's 'creepy' is because he saw something he wasn't meant to see."

Leon threw up his hands seeming defeated.
"Whatever, you win. But you're going to do that alone, I'm not going anywhere near him." He narrowed his eyes.

I rose an eyebrow at his actions, "Sounds to me like someone's jealous. Though, fair enough."

Leon's cheeks darkened a deep red. Before he could open his mouth and protest, the bell rang.
I could snatch Nathan away and interview him during our science period... Neither of us pay attention in that class anyway. Really the only downside is that we'll get detention after school for skipping, which honestly isn't too big of a deal for me. If anything, it gives me an opportunity to think things over.

I rushed over to Nathan, leaving Leon to himself. My migraine had died down from this morning, but I could feel it spike in my forehead every now an then. I should've brought some medicine.