Pain (Corrected/Edited)

Nathan's POV

"(Y/N)! GET DOWN!" With none other than (Y/N) in my mind I quickly scrambled to my feet and dove into the direction of my lover.

In quick time I was able to grab and pull the wounded male to the ground, all while the lethal projectile proceeding to clip my shoulder in the process. I bit down against my lip in response to the sudden spike in pain, yet bearing through it solely for (Y/N)'s sake.

I held the taller male against the grassy Earth below my smaller figure in attempts of protection from any other incoming fire—yet nothing came, thankfully.

Quickly, I lifted myself off of (Y/N), eyes darting up and down the wounded male. "Oh, No... No no no..." I managed out weakly, my quivering hands shifting to my face in misery. "H-He's bleeding everywhere..."

Skin paling and eyes half lidded, the damaged male clutched the piercing wound beneath his blood staining shirt, the once green grass now tainted in a bright reddened hue. At this point (Y/N)'s breaths were coming out in wheezes.
He was barely clinging onto consciousness.
"(Y/N); (Y/N) please," I pleaded, cupping either side of the male's face in my hands ever so gently.

I hoped that he'd at least look at me with those same beautiful vibrant eyes, but instead they began to wander in a panic. "L...Leon..." (Y/N) called in a desperate cry. At that moment, even in the situation we were in, I couldn't help but feel like something had snapped inside my inner being. I hated that name.

"The kid's safe at home, similar to something you should've followed from the start." An approaching voice stated from behind us two. In an instant I shot up onto my feet and turned to meet with the stranger: A tall man dressed in a strictly black suit and tie, as well as shades that hid the man's face well. "Nathan Breanhime; I think it's time you come with me."

"You did this to him." I bared my teeth at the stranger. "(Y/N) did NOTHING—Gah...!" I suddenly felt a terrible agony in the same area I'd been hit with the bullet, a woozy feeling in my head following in its place. The man clicked his tongue multiple times mockingly, adjusting his tie between his slender fingers. "Ah, and it's too bad, really: He'll end up dying for nothing too, that is if you don't comply."

I clutched the wound in my hand and fell to one knee as the tall man approached me. "There's only so long he'll be able to slow the bleeding. In fact, it looks like he's just about lost consciousness," The man stated, pointing a finger at the (H/C) haired male.

With the little willpower I held I proceeded to glance over at his current state. (Y/N)'s once lively filled eyes were dulling in color by the minute, as well as his breathing beginning to slow dramatically. The sight alone was enough to make me crumble.

The love of my life is dying. He's going to die. He's bleeding so much and he's in so much pain. He's about to die, and it's all my fault.

"As you might already know, you and your little hideout are surrounded by gunman from close and afar. Tell me, what left do you have to gamble, boy?" The tall man picked, craning his head in my direction out of expectancy.

"You... Can lock me up," I started in a calm whisper, my words gaining the man's attention. With a stagger, I stood to my feet once again. I ignored all feeling. The physical and or emotional pain was no longer there. There was only Nathan: The Nathan that (Y/N) still feared and would never accept.