Pinned (CORRECTED/EDITED)

That morning I woke up earlier than usual and took my leave from Leon's place. Luckily he was still asleep, so I was able to avoid any type of confusion. I also left a note of a lie I made up so he wouldn't feel the need to worry. Although it was a harmless untruth, I've never really felt the need to lie to my best friend out of the years we've known one another. I don't know, I just feel that what happened last night might stick on us for awhile—Well, at least for me.

I've always known Leon to be the caring mother like figure in my life, but it seems like he's just been shifting in personality. Maybe he just knows something I don't know? I mean, a lot has happened over the past couple of months.

"Mister (L/N)?" Digging my feet to a stop against the sidewalk pavement, I turned to the sound of the voice only to be underwhelmed by yet the all too familiar tall man dressed in black. For once I was glad he didn't pull up to me in a vehicle, but now he had be questioning just how long he'd been following me.

"I-I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised you're here... Anyways, what's up?" Even with the shaded accessory over his eyes I could spot a hint of amusement on the man's face. "I've got some news for you." I cocked my head to the side questioningly and turned around fully to face the man.

"... I'm listening." I spoke out, my voice and posture more polite than usual with the man.
With a sly smirk, the man adjusted his beet red tie with his pale fingers. "With enough digging and connecting the dots over the days we've been able to make progress with the case..." He paused, a hand shifting to one of his pockets.

My eyes traced his movements, my gaze stilling as he pulled a plastic zip-lock bag from the small opening embedded in his slacks. I squinted at the bag with confusion. It was until he held the bag up into view was when I realized what he had: The bag compressed a few strands of hair that seemed to glimmer in the morning Sun's beam, bringing out the all too familiar pinkish color in them.

My gaze stilled at the object in his hand, my lips pursing. I glanced at the smirking man with a slight concern of what he might say next.
"—Luckily the boy wasn't smart enough to strip you of your clothing when you had your little stay with him; Without them, we wouldn't have been able to recover his D.N.A."

I stayed silent, swallowing the emotion filled lump in my throat before speaking. "Is that all you have to tell me?" To my dismay, the man shook his head, slipping the evidence back into his pocket and wiping his hand against his pant leg as if trying to rid of an imaginary dirtiness from said hand that touched the bag.
"We were able to dig up a good dozen of cases each holding a differing location around the town. Not only that, but with a good amount of calculating we've also been able to pinpoint Nathan's location."

Suddenly and unpleasantly I felt my heart sink into my stomach, my pupils somewhat shrinking at his words, my anxiety only beginning to spike as he opened his mouth to speak. "—Turns out he's been involved in many aged mishaps in the area, in which have been covered up until now. Though, even with the cases that we've caught sight of, a good handful of them have been wiped." Almost instantly I felt relief wash over my body. It wasn't till now I had realized my hands were clenched so tight into fists my nails were beginning to dig into my palms. The man noticed this, thus raising an eyebrow at my current state.

"... Anyways, I think you know what comes next when we catch him—"
"You're not going to kill him, are you?" I interrupted, staring sternly into the man's shaded gaze. Silence filled the air.

With a huff, the man lifted a hand to the frame of his shades, his head lowering as he slid them off. He blinked a number of times in order to adjust his eyes to the bright beam of light in the sky before forwarding me a sharp gaze that stilled my heart.