Futile

I roofed my hands over my mouth and pressed my back up against the wooden surface behind me, I could feel myself beginning to hyperventilate from the shock I was in.

Don't make noise. Don't make noise. Don't make noise.

I repeated this in my mind over and over again until it came natural. All I could hear was the hoarse screams from the male in the room, until the door was loudly shut.

Silence.

'Did he give up on looking?'
Feeling comfortable with myself I pushed the door to a slight opening and peaked through the small space. Once my eyes finally adjusted to the dark I scouted my surroundings, and to my surprise no one was there. Feeling relieved I quietly slid out of cabinet and checked my phone.
3:40AM

I've been in here for almost an hour.
Wasting no time I ran straight for the door and pulled on the door handle.

it wouldn't budge.

"Are you fucking serious?" I cursed under my breath.
I tried picking the lock again, but after many attempts there seemed to be no progress being made. I was locked from the inside out and strangely enough there were no windows I could try to break or hop out of.
I heard tapping on the other side of the door and then Leon's muffled voice, "(Y/N)? What's going on in there?"

I shushed him hoping he would lower his voice.
Seconds later my phone started buzzing until I answered it.
"I TOLD YOU THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Leon shrilled through the phone, making my eardrums feel as if they were going to burst. Leon continued to go on a rant about how he told me so, and if I got hurt he'd never forgive me.
After poor attempts of trying to calm Leon down, I finally spoke into the phone.

"Are you done now? Yelling at me isn't going to help me out, here..."

Leon exhaled into the phone, "Can't you just pick the lock again?"

"I already tried. Do you see any windows? Maybe on the side of the house or on the second floor?"
I could hear the shuffling sounds as Leon scouted the outside of the house.
"I can only see one, but it's on the second floor. Wait, you don't plan to go up there do you?!"

"What other choice do I have?" I huffed as I began to walk up the stairs, using one hand to feel for any nearby surfaces hence how dark it was.

"It's a two story drop! And there's no roof you can land on on the way down."

"Listen Leon, I'm not going to die in here. Although I'm scared as all hell, I'm even more scared of getting torn apart by a killer. Now, tell me what side the window is on."

Leon couldn't seem to retaliate against my answer, because it went completely silent on the other end.

"... Leon?"

Click.

The phone hung up. Bad reception maybe?
With a sigh, I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"I guess I'll do it myself..."

Sooner or later I found my way to what I assumed to be the end of the stairs.
Instantly I got a whiff of a horrible stench, causing my face to scrunch up in disgust to the smell.
I covered my nose with one hand, feeling myself gag on the inside.
It smelt like something was rotting, I was hoping it wasn't what I thought it was. Trying my best to avoid the smell, I looked around until my eyes caught a pinch of light emitting from one of the many doors on the floor, instantly walking towards it and pushing open the door without any thought of what might be behind.

There it was, the window, the light of the night sky shining brightly through the slightly stained glass. Feeling relieved I began to walk towards the exit until I felt my feet tread over what seemed to be paper. I stopped in my tracks and looked down, my eyes widening, feeling myself entering a slight shock.

There were piles and piles of pictures of myself all the way up from 3rd grade until now, photographs of males and females with severed heads or gauged out eyeballs scattered out all over the beige looking carpet.
Swallowing my fear, I bent down to get a closer look. I wasn't mistaken; all of these pictures were of me either alone or with old friends that sooner or later went missing as the years went by. I turned to the corpses.
All of the bodies were so disheveled it was difficult to even figure out if I had ties with them.
Nonetheless, it was obvious Nathan was behind all of this and it honestly baffled me I didn't expect him sooner, with him being the weird kid an all.

"Do you like them? I took them just for you."

Feeling my breath hitch in my lungs I quickly whipped around in a circle only to be met face to face with the one and only.
Nathan was holding Leon by the back collarbof his shirt, and I couldn't help but notice the crimson liquid I knew oh so well, dripping from his forehead and staining the carpet below.

"L-Leon!?" I managed to choke out. Nathan released Leon from his grasp letting him fall limp to the floor. I scrambled over to Leon's lifeless looking body and pulled him into a protecting embrace.
He was still breathing, just unconscious.

Nathan stared stoically at the scene unfolding before him.
"I knew you would've hated me if I killed him, so I only put him to sleep-"

"You're a messed up in the head." I spat as I glared daggers at Nathan, I tightened my grip around Leon's unconscious body, only feeling even more guilty had bringing Leon into something like this.

"Once we get out of here I'm going to make sure every single policeman in this TOWN is on your ass!"

Nathan stayed silent for a moment before cocking his head to the left in confusion, his blue arises glowing freakishly in the midst of the darkness.
"Get out?" He repeated as a demented smile began to creep on his face.
I hardly noticed until now, but he was holding a bloodied butcher knife in his right hand.
He took a step forward.
I needed to do something, fast.
Not letting go of Leon, I inched away, constantly hoping Leon would wake up.

"GET AWAY FROM US!" I screamed out of terror, but Nathan only got closer, the same deranged expression plastered on his face.

Feeling hopeless, I clenched my eyes shut, bracing myself to be harmed.
Rather, I felt a pair of hands cup both sides of my face before I a pair of lips gently collided with mine.
I quickly opened my eyes only to find myself sharing my first kiss ever with that of Nathan.

After a moment Nathan slowly pulled away, a visible blush coating his cheeks as he spoke a serene tone, "Getting out isn't an option anymore, (Y/N). You're here, and now I can finally have you all to myself. I promise I'll make you happy."