Rememberance (CORRECTIONS MADE)

It was a bright sunny day out, as usual.
I watched other children of my age run around and rough-house to their heart's content. I wanted to play too, I've been wanting to ever since I started elementary...

But no one would let me join. I had a couple of friends, but lately they've been either doing their own usual thing, or just plain absent.

I let my head sink, my grip tightening on the old, rusted chains of the swing I was seated on.

Why's it so hard to make new friends?

"(Y/N)!"
I heard a familiar voice call my name from across the playground. I turned my head toward the voice, and there he was, the only consistent friend I ever had: Leon Stephenson.
The white T-Shirt he wore had brown smudges of dirt covering most of it, along with his usual black and white basketball shorts.

My eyes narrowed.
Looks like he's been having fun.

Leon stopped in front of me, seeming out of breath from all of the running he'd done.

I only rose an eyebrow and stared at his fatigued state.
"Hey, Leon."

Once he caught his breath Leon grabbed onto one side of the swing for support to stand up.
"Hey! ...What're you doing sitting here all alone for?" He stared at me with big, curious eyes.

I didn't answer his question. For both of our sake, I'd rather not answer the same question he'd been asking for two years straight.

I let my head droop over once again, Leon seeming guilty by my body language.
"O-oh, right. Sorry."

I hummed in response. Both me and Leon avoided each other's gazes as we sat in silence, only the laughs and squeals of nearby kids in the distance audible.

Suddenly I felt a hand on mine, making me jolt in response to the sudden action.
I turned to look at Leon who was leaned in abnormally close to me.
"You wanna go do monkey bars~?" He had the smuggest look on his face, yet it was somewhat alluring in its own way.

"U-uhm. I don't know if-"
Without warning, Leon pulled me away from the swing-set, dragging my along with him to the playground, "Come on! It'll be fun!"

Knowing that I couldn't get myself out of this situation I decided to give into Leon's request.

After we were both tired out we took a seat somewhere under a tree not too far from the playground; this is usually where I'd lounge if I didn't feel like running around or when it was lunch time.
Leon flopped onto his back with a dreamy sigh, letting his body rest.
"That was fun! But who knew doing monkey bars could be so tiring... I want a juice box or something!" Leon whined.

"Well, we're supposed to be going back in for lunch in about ten minutes."
Leon launched back up at my statement,
"TEN MINUTES?! That's way too long! ... Ugh. I hate the water fountains, but I guess I gotta."

Leon stood up and began to leave before turning around again. "Are you coming too
(Y/N)?"

I shook my head with a smile,
"No, I'm not thirsty. You can go by yourself."
I waved him off as he left. Honestly, I was kinda thirsty, but I could use some time without hearing Leon complain just for a little while.