Somewhere In Between (EDITED and CORRECTED)

"Alright, so today I'm just gonna ask you a few questions," I began, tapping my chin out of boredom with my pen and glancing down at the empty notepad in my hand. "If we want to shift to a cleaner slate with one another, I need you to answer these truthfully, got it?" I pointed my pen at Breanhime who sat legs crossed in front of me upon my new bed. "O-Okay." He responded, not sure what to expect.

Well, doesn't this seem familiar?

"Coolio... So, first question: What are your thoughts of my best friend, Leon?" I questioned, clicking my pen and preparing myself to write.

Nathan stared for a moment, his body somewhat stiffening at the semi-pressing question. "I...I don't really know how to—"
"Do you like him or do you dislike him?" I interrupted, waiting once again for a specific answer.

Nathan pursed his lips, his eyes averting sideways. "...In a way, I both loathe him and adore him." He finally admitted, forcing me to look up at him out of befuddlement. "Hmm.." I hummed to myself before writing down his exact words, "We'll go in depth about that later."

Truth is, I wanted to spare him a breakdown; I know how Nathan gets about these things involving the past.

Nathan let out a sigh, hugging his legs to his chest, his pink bangs shadowing over his face as he reluctantly waited for the next question.

"—Alright. So, this is how this is all gonna play out," I began, successfully gaining Nathan's attention. "Day by day we're going to do this. The plan is to try and peel away that emotional shell of yours...You might think you don't have one, but there's a lot to you that I don't know and I need to know about you, Nathan." I once again pointed at the male across from me with my pen, "And it's important that you tell me the truth; it's essential to us understanding one another more. You may not like everything I ask you, but whether it all comes out in backlash, it'll still be useful information."

"But I don't need to understand you more,
(Y/N)—I basically know everything about you!" Nathan exclaimed, tossing his arms in the air.

"And that's exactly the problem," I frowned, earning a confused look from the pink haired male. "You know me only through stalking and thousands of photos you've taken over the years, not to mention through people you've either killed or frightened away from hometown; In anyway you slice it, that's no way to connect with somebody in the right way." I explained. Nathan grew silent, the emotion seeming to leave his face in response to my enlightenment.

To keep anything nuts from arising, I snapped my fingers in front of his face, making the shorter male jump slightly. "Now, don't go psycho mode on me just yet," I said in a joking manner, when in reality I was just about scared out of my mind for a split moment.

I ruffled Breanhime's fluffy pink head of hair, trying to snap him back into reality: Into his cheerful self. "Things won't be all that bad. I don't plan on accusing and or reporting you to the authorities like last time, ya' hear me?"

"Y-Yeah, I get it—!" Nathan grunted, his hands tussling with my own in attempts to remove my hand from his head, "Just stop doing that, you're messing up my hair!" He whined, finally prying my hand away. "Sheesh..." Nathan grumbled under his breath, frowning at me. To say the least, he wasn't happy about his new hairdo—But I thought it was pretty funny.

"Alright, alright. Let's get this over with; Let's talk about, well, you. I wanna know everything."