Stay Away

Slash

The policeman's hold on my arms hitched, a loud thump of an object falling to the ground and seeming to have rolled away into the darkness of the forest.

I would stand, shivering in a complete shock, my eyes widened with raw alert. Only the sound of the man's body falling limp to the ground would knock me out of my horrific trance, my head whipping back in the direction of the sound. Hesitating, I finally looked to the ground where the policeman lay.

"S...Sir?" I'd mutter in a breathless voice.

No response.

I'd begin to shuffle over to the man, my feet stumbling over a metal object, forcing me to stop in my tracks and my gaze lowering to the object. It was none other than the flashlight.
Shakily looming over, I picked it up, my fingers hastily fishing for the switch. Once on, I'd flash the bright beam upon the man's body.

He was headless, large amounts of red liquid spewing from his severed neck. I couldn't help but notice the sight of his head separated from his body in the distance of the forest.
Dropping the flashlight, I fell to the ground, just barely catching myself with my hands. My stomach began to contract violently as my conscience fell weak. The nausea clawed at my throat, and I'd try to force down the bile, but it was too late. Chunks of partially digested food spewed out of my coughing, choking mouth. My stomach would continue on contracting violently and forcing everything up and out. My face was pale, my mouth dripping of vomit, my face sweaty and my eyes forced teary. I'd lurch forward and curl up, desperately clutching my aching stomach.

Great, there goes everything I was living off of.

It felt like I was slowly dying at this point. All of me wanted to just give up right there and now, yet there was a part of me that just wouldn't allow me to die. Gathering the little strength I held, I would struggle to my feet. I began to realize the danger I was in right now; A policeman just died right before my eyes in a blink of an eye. Shit, he might as well have vanished off of the face of the Earth. Quickly, I scrambled to the dead body, fumbling with the gun holster on his hip and yanking away his firearm and swiping the—still—lit flashlight from the ground.

I've only fired a weapon several times in my life, hence my father taking me to a firing range throughout moments of my sophomore year of High school. I knew the basics of a pistol, or basically any other gun for instance... But I've never fired at a living creature before.

Frantically blaring the light in every direction with one hand, I'd hold the pistol sturdily with the other.

"Are you going to shoot me (Y/N)?"

With zero hesitation, I'd swing the firearm—as well as the flashlight—in the direction of the voice I'd hoped to never have to hear again. The flashlight began to jitter in and out as soon as it spot Nathan. Nathan held a cheeky grin upon his lips, as well as a blush of sheer amusement and lust decorating his cheeks as progressed toward me.
The closer he got, the easier it was to make out the blood covered machete he'd handle with ease.
"Stay AWAY from me!" I roared, readying my finger upon the trigger. The shorter male stopped in his tracks, his facial features quickly forming into an emotionless, stale expression.
The air grew silent, the audible sound of trees swaying in the calm wind around us.
"... I hate the way you are, Nathan... I just can't understand your motives at all." My tone was cold and fatigued, my gaze still upon Nathan's.