𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬

In 24 hours, George would be on a plane, flying towards Florida. He doesn't know how to feel at this point.

In the past week, he had gone between jumping on his bed in excitement to anxiously pacing around his room in the early hours of the morning, thinking about everything that could happen. Despite all of Clay's reassurances, they felt meaningless to George. Clay didn't know about the large crush George had on him, how awkward it could really turn out being.

What if he thinks I'm weird?

What if I accidentally spill my huge secret?

What if I can't have fun because I'm so busy worrying?

George sighed and slowly sat up in his bed, stretching his arms. He needed to stay optimistic. He couldn't think about the bad parts, it would ruin him. He went downstairs and made breakfast, then brought it back up to his room. He needed someone to help him get out of his slump, and he knew the only person that could help him. He ringed them on discord, praying that they were still up.

"George? Why are you calling me, it's like 3 in the morning. You good?"

"No Nick, I'm freaking out."

In the past few weeks, George had admittedly been relying on Sapnap to help him through his anxiety surrounding the trip. He was one of the few who knew about George's crush, and he was also pretty good at reassuring words when he tried.

"About the trip?" Nick asked, sounding tired.

"Yeah obviously! I can't help but feel as though it will be awkward and horrible!"

"Okay George, think about this. Has Clay ever been awkward with you?"

"...No, but he also has never known about my huge crush on him!"

Nick started laughing a bit. "Nick stop laughing! I'm seriously nervous about this. It feels like everything I've done in the past few years could come crashing down in an instant!"

Nick sighs. "George. Even the worst case scenario, Clay finds out, doesn't like you back. He's still too nice to stop being friends with you, even if it is awkward! That would be weird, but in the end it would work out. If it gets that bad, me and you will go on a roadtrip, we can go up to meet Bad and stay with him, okay?"

George thinks that this is a good back up plan. "Okay yeah, thanks Nick. Sorry for this past week, It's just been a lot."

"I understand. Trust me, Clay hasn't been acting normal all week either. He has these sudden bursts of motivation to clean, it's so annoying."

George giggles."That's really funny, tell him that I'm bringing him the maid dress to wear for that reason!" They both laugh at this, the thought of Clay in the maid dress is truly hilarious. "I'll let you go sleep now Nick, you sound like you need it."

Sapnap groans. "I can't, I'm editing, I have to get this video up by tomorrow, before you get here. It'll never get done if I don't."

"Well I need something to distract myself, do you want help?"

"George, you are a godsend. Of course. I'll send you the stuff."

The two stay in the call for another four hours, editing and talking about the trip. Nothing is off the table of discussion at this point, with Nick being delirious and George needing something to talk about to keep his mind off of Clay. So, they talk about everything. Their weird food combinations, their most embarrassing grade school moments, their families (Nick claims that George's mum is a milf, which makes George embarrassed). George even opens up about his soulmate, telling Nick more about him. Every time he mentions Dream, Nick starts giggling, which gets on George's nerves after a while. He wants to bring it up, but he figures that it isn't worth the effort to try and question sleep-deprived Nick.