𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯

Nick pulled into the driveway of a cozy looking coastal cottage that was their residence, and George immediately fell in love with it. From the fading green paint on the siding to Clay's beat up Subaru in the driveway next to them, it felt like home already.

"George, I have to go get groceries, I'm really sorry. I'm going to drop you and Cat off and then go to the store, okay?"

"No, don't do that! I need you here in case it gets awkward!"

"Sorry Georgie, I need to go now or we won't have anything for dinner tonight. Trust me, you'll be fine, okay?"

George let out a huff of air, but agreed with Nick. "Fine. Alright Cat, let's go."

He got Cat and got out of the car, watching Nick speed away as soon as he stepped out. George could hear his music from down the street. That asshole. He owes me for this.

George took another couple of deep breaths and got ready to go inside. To see Clay for the first time. Oh God, he hoped he looked okay, but he doubted that nine hours on a plane made anyone look good.

As he approached the door of the house, he could feel his stomach churning with anticipation. This was really it, and as he knocked on the door he still couldn't believe that he would be seeing Clay any moment. After standing there for a few minutes, he decided to just let himself into the house. Cat was getting heavy in his arms, and he needed to get this over with- the anticipation was killing him.

George felt a rush of cold air hit him as he entered the house, along with a familiar and comforting scent... wait, why did it smell like his Dream candle in here? That was a weird coincidence... George just smiled to himself and set Cat down, taking in the decorations of the beautifully cluttered house he was standing in. The only thing he didn't see was Clay, where was that man?

"CLAYY! I'M HERE, WHERE ARE YOU?" George shouted out, voice wavering a bit from his nerves at the end.

"GEORGE! I'M IN THE KITCHEN, SORRY! I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU, COME HERE!"

George laughed and yelled, "OKAY!" before walking over and into the living room fully, giving him a sightline into the kitchen. He started walking towards the kitchen when he finally saw Clay. George stopped in his tracks, face going pale. He was speechless.

"Hey Georgie, how was your flight?" Clay said with a nervous chuckle. He was leaning against the kitchen island, and there was a stuffed blue minecraft sheep and a cake sitting on the counter in front of him.

"I... Clay?"

"Yeah that's my name George, don't wear it out."

It all came to George in a sudden rush, the truth shining forward like the rays of the Florida sun. Clay was Dream. Clay was his soulmate.

You're so Golden...

Clay's face was red with sunburn and blush, and the light freckles dotted across the bridge of his nose, around his eyes, his hairline, his cheekbones. George still wanted to kiss every single one.

You're so Golden...

His dirty blonde hair was getting messed up because he was messing with it, getting it into his face. George wanted to lace his fingers into the soft hair and tug- he could actually do that now.

I'm out of my head, and I know that you're scared

Because hearts get broken...

He was wearing a graphic tee and a pair of jean shorts, and his studs were ever present. George finally came to his senses, and started running towards Clay, laughing and smiling and giggling and feeling so happy.