𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘺

"George, wake up.."

George slowly opened his eyes after being gently shaken awake by something. He found himself staring into the eyes of... Patches?

Surprised to find the cat there, he jolted backwards in surprise, which made the person behind him wrap his arms around an unsuspecting George even tighter.

"Ugh Clay, why is your cat third wheeling us?" George mumbled into the taller boy's chest after turning to face him.

Clay brought his hands up to George's head so he could run his hands through his hair, trying to smooth the Brit's horrible bed head somewhat. "Hey, your cat gets all of your attention when we cuddle on the couch sometimes, so don't complain."

"I am complaining though. And why do we have to wake up?" George asked as he nuzzled deeper to Clay's side.

"Because I made big plans for us today! I'm taking you somewhere!"

"I'm sure your plans are nice, but the nicest place I can think of right now is where I currently am." George said in full honesty.

"Oh come on now, we have to get up at some point!"

George just let out a muffled groan in response.

Clay sighed, but continued to thread his fingers through George's hair. "Okay, fine. Five more minutes."

Five minutes turned into two hours, but George was actually willing to get up and move when Clay woke him the second time. He got up and got ready for what he presumed was a date with Clay. The prospect excited him, since they hadn't gone out in awhile. At first they felt like no need, because they just enjoyed having the house to themselves.

Clay brought a huge basket out to the car as they went to leave, spoiling any hints of what they were going to do. George smiled nonetheless, excited to see what Clay had made for their picnic. They drove for a long time, filling the silence with constant and easy coming conversation. George was actually confused as to where they were going after a while- where in the world was Clay taking them?

Finally, Clay pulled into a small driveway that led them back to a small cove. There was no one else around.

"Woah, where are we?" George asked when he got out and started walking around the beautiful place.

"It's my spot." Clay said happily as he laced their fingers together. "I found this place a while back, and I come here to escape."

"This is amazing, thank you for sharing it with me," George said, giving the blond's hand a squeeze.

"I want to share everything with you, idiot," Clay said with a laugh. "Hey, come look at this!"

He led George over to a tree. Upon closer examination, George found a little smiley face carved into the trunk, clearly weathered over the years.

"I put that there four years ago. To mark this place as mine."

"Oh my god, this is like a time capsule!" George said in wonder, tracing his hands over the indentation.

"Yeah," Clay agreed, before turning to go start setting up the picnic. George went over to help, and found that Clay had definitely gone overboard.

"Clay, how are we going to eat all of this?" George asked.

"You underestimate my appetite George," Clay answered with a smirk.

Clay was right. All of the food was gone by the end of their hours sitting in the cove, sitting on the edge of the water and chatting. They had drawn in the sand, basked in the sun, and teased each other endlessly. A bright smile stayed on George's face through it all.