Chapter - 3 The Surprise!

They reached home. Avneet was getting out of the car she looked at her old home. Many memories crashed into her. She halted in her steps.

"Mom! Jai snatched my chocolate!" five year old Avneet complained to her mother. Big fat tears streaming down her little face.

"Jai! Come here at once!" her mom shouted. A small boy came into view from a corner. He took small steps and stood before his mom and sister. Hands behind his back.

"Jai, did you take you sister's chocolate?" Sonia asked calmly. He shook his little head too fast.

"He is lying." Avneet wailed more tears were pouring down from her eyes. Jai didn't say anything.

"Do you know lying makes your good tooth fall quickly?" asked Sonia. Jai brought his hands to his mouth very fast. But he forgot to hide the chocolate on his hand. He bit his tongue.

"That's my chocolate!" little Avneet exclaimed. Sonia shook her head laughing.

"Jai baby, you shouldn't take something without someone's permission. Good babies don't do that. And you are my good baby, aren't you?" Sonia asked smiling at her baby boy. He nodded his head. And returned Avneet her chocolate.

"Sholly, didi." Jai said. (Sorry, didi) Avneet took the chocolate from his hand.

"It's okay." she said.

"I am a good baby too, right mommy?" Avneet asked her mother smiling. Her eyes twinkling with happiness.

"Of course my dear. Both of you are my angels." Sonia replied kissing both of their little heads.

Avneet was shaken awake from her day dreaming.

"Princess? Is everything alright? Why did you stop walking? Is your hand paining? Do you need a wheelchair?" her father asked worriedly.

"Relax dad. I'm okay. It was nothing. And why would I need a wheelchair if my hand was in pain?" she asked eyebrows burrowing together. He just shrugged. She laughed at her father.

"Stop worrying old man. Or you'll age up 10 years more." Avneet told her father and started walking again while laughing at him.

"Hey! I'm still young. Many girls still flirt with me." her father replied smugly. Her mother who was laughing silently seeing their banter suddenly stopped laughing.

"What?" she asked her husband shooting daggers from her eyes. Aman gulped.

"Oops. You dug out your own grave this time dad." Avneet laughed out loud. She tuned out their conversation. 'I miss this. I also miss that good for nothing brother of mine.' she confessed to herself. Not that she would ever tell them about this. She halted on her steps when she spotted someone familiar at their doorstep. 'Is this-' she cut herself out.

"Jai?!" she gasped.

She tried to run but she couldn't. Her legs weren't helping. Jai dashed towards her elder sister who was his best friend. Not that he'll tell her this. He engulfed her in a hug.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!" Avneet shouted. Jai jumped away from her thinking he hurt her though he was very careful. His eyes wide. Avneet started laughing seeing his face. He narrowed his eyes at her. Shaking his head, he too laughed with her. Their parents were smiling seeing their children together after a long time. Their fight long forgotten.

"How can you be so careless di?" Exclaimed Jai shaking his head. Avneet who was plopped down on their living room couch raised her eyebrows at his brother.

"What are you talking about?" Avneet asked.

"You should have been more careful di. Election is in two months. It's obvious that we would be on a hit list ot something." Jai said sternly.

Avneet snorted. "You sound like we are into mafia shit." She said rolling her eyes. Jai sighed loudly.

"Can you be serious for once?" Jai groaned. Avneet sat up. Folded her legs.

"Okay. I'm gonna be serious now." said Avneet. Jai rolled his eyes now sitting on a seat across her. He motioned her to continue.

"Look Jai you know how I feel about this. The election. I'm not going to let it interfere in my life. And you guys know it." she said looking at her brother and parents who were sitting on the dining chairs.

"But di you can't act oblivious to this. I mean you should know that we ARE in danger. A bomb blast. You could have died!" Jai exclaimed. Avneet choose not to reply.

Jai sighed. "Di we care for you. I know you don't like this. You don't like all the attention and casualties. Even if he reires things are not going to change. We'll still get all the attention." he said calmly. Avneet sighed.

"I know." She said. Her father who was sitting quietly choose to speak now.

"I know what to do." he said.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter three. I know this story is slow paced. But this is needed.

Don't worry our hero will make his entry soon! 😉

What do you think about this chapter?

What do you think about her father's last statement?

Stay tuned to know more! 🥀

Don't forget to vote, share and comment! 🤗

Love ya'll! ❤️

-Isa