Chapter - 51 On Our Way Back Home

3 days before the State Election ~

Siddharth was busy. Well, the word busy would be an understatement. He was always typing furiously on his laptop. And when he was not on his laptop, the numerous phone calls he was having was ridiculous.

Their routine had changed completely over the last 4 days. Avneet knew this whole thing was important but she couldn't help the weird feeling of being ignored. She knew it wasn't by choice but still...

Avneet felt off because they had to leave. Being family to the nominated politician she had to vote too. Siddharth was planning to leave tomorrow evening. She didn't want to leave. She had grown attached to this place.

Siddharth had informed mukhiya ji about our departure. Kaashvi was sad too. They didn't tell Aarti and Khushi. Khushi was Aarti's elder sister. Avneet knew they would be sad when they will know about it.

They had already started packing their things. They had so much stuff that it took Avneet a lot of time to pack all those. She didn't object though. It kept her busy when Siddharth was working. He wanted to help too but his work didn't let him off the hook.

Avneet felt bored. She was done doing her things. She didn't want to disturb Siddharth from his works. It was really important. But it seemed like Siddharth knew a lot more than he led on.

The way he would zone out staring at nothing in particular, thinking, calculating, planning, made her realise that. Sometimes she wanted to ask. Ask about the plan. But she didn't dare to. She didn't want to interrupt but her nagging curiosity was eating her alive.

Like right now. She was staring at Siddharth from a distance. Sitting on the window seat leaning on the wall. She wondered if he ever felt tired staring at the screen all the time. She huffed, annoyed by the lack of attention she was getting. She got up went to their room in search of her phone.

Siddharth was observing the arrangement of the place where Mr Nandra had to go for interviews after the election. The elected politician needed to give a speech. And he was also re-checking the background of the security team. He was helping the team to moderate everything. They had to make it safe for everyone.

Siddharth sighed feeling the dull ache behind his eyes. He was having headaches like this very often. He didn't worry about it though. 'It would go away.' he said to himself every time. He closed his eyes rubbing his face roughly feeling annoyed because he couldn't focus. He leaned his head back rubbing the back of his neck as it was paining from being in front of the laptop all the damn time.

He jerked his head up suddenly when he felt someone snatching his laptop from his hand. Avneet had a neutral expression as she put the laptop on sleep and placed it on the table.

"What are you doing, sweetheart? I still have work to do," he said sighing tiredly reaching for his laptop. She slapped his hand away. And gave him a no-nonsense look which had him stop complaining. She walked behind him while he was still confused by her sudden actions.

"Avneet, baby, I've to do-" he started again gently. Not wanting to get her upset.

"Stop. You need to relax for a minute. Stealing a little time for yourself won't kill anyone." she sassed knowing he would want to give another excuse.

He didn't get to reply as he groaned in satisfaction when she started massaging his shoulders gently. He relaxed immediately closing his eyes sighing happily. She slowly kneaded and pressed on the points where she knew would have him putty in her hands.

He groaned again feeling his muscles relax under her touch. She found herself smiling at him. Such a big man who can snap her into two was right under her control. She snickered under her breath.