Chapter - 49 Unanticipated Accident

Few days later~

Avneet was hurrying out of the house. She was jumping on one foot trying to wear her sport shoes while walking. She stumbled on her steps a few times before giving up trying to wear her shoes while standing. Muttering a few curses she stood up and rushed outside the house.

"Siddharth is going to kill me," she muttered to herself as she locked the house. Siddharth resumed her training. He wanted her to defend herself in times of emergency. It was 6 in the morning and he was nowhere in sight. Avneet knew he was in the woods. So, she wore her training attire and picked up her towel and water bottle and speed walked to their regular destination. The woods.

It does sound creepy but there weren't many dangerous animals here. Siddharth had asked mukhiya ji about that. So now, they were using the forest ground as their training field. Away from the possible prying eyes.

Avneet found Siddharth cutting woods with his axe. 'I hope he doesn't pay attention to me being late.' she prayed. Siddharth is always punctual. And he doesn't like when someone is late. Avneet always tried her best to show up on time. She watched from afar. His eyes focused on his task before him. Eyebrows furrowed in concentration. Sweat dripping from his body. She watched as he picked up the axe, swinging it with force and cut the wood in half.

She shook her head sighing dreamily to herself. She placed her water bottle over the wooden seat made by the Siddharth Nigam himself. Yes. This is his newly found hobby. She walked to him not trying to make her presence obvious. He slowed his continuous attacks on the big plank of wood as he heard footsteps and gradually stopped taking a long deep breath of fresh air. He turned around and found Avneet stopping before him shaking her head.

"How many times do I need to tell you to stop doing this with the axe. It is so dangerous. You can buy the woods for your crafts." she complained picking up his water bottle from the ground and handing it to his. He silently took the water bottle and watched her. She took the towel and started dabbing away his sweats. He took huge gulps of water and caught her hands. She looked up in confusion as he took the towel from her hands and leaned down to peck her lips.

"Stop worrying so much. I won't hurt myself," he muttered against her lips. She parted her lips to protest but he took it as an invitation because he dove in for a kiss.

"You always do this," she whined blushing when he backed away from her. He smirked using the towel to rub his face.

"Sweetheart, I am not one of those people who will give away such chances, am I?" he said smirking as she huffed crossing her hands over her chest trying to look annoyed but the slight twitch of her lips gave her away.

"So, are you ready for today?" he asked changing the subject. Her eyes lit up. Siddharth had mentioned a change of training from today. She had been pestering him since then to say what it is but he wouldn't say a word.

"Yes! What is it?!" she asked excitedly clapping her hands. He chuckled softly and gestured for her to follow him. She nodded vigorously.

"Oh, and sweetheart?" he called behind his back as he turned to the road.

"Hmm?" she replied.

"You're late," he said and smirked when he heard her groan.

_______________________________________

Siddharth was anxious. He knew this was necessary but he had to keep his eyes open. He was leading her deeper into the forest and she didn't protest. He had set everything up this morning. He had sneaked out of the bed and started working on it. He had looked around the area previously for any kind of animal trap or danger. Thankfully there was none. Slowly his steps came to a stop. He turned around after hearing her gasp.