Chapter - 30 Realisation

Avneet laid wide awake on the bed. She couldn't sleep. Whenever she closed her eyes she would feel suffocated. Her throat would be clogged up. She would wake up heavily breathing and sweating throughout. After tossing and turning for hours she gave up trying to sleep. She peeked at Siddharth and found him sound asleep on the couch. She sighed looking at the ceiling and slowly sat up clutching the comforter to her chest. She slowly stepped out of the bed and tiptoed to the balcony. The comforter still wrapped around her. She slowly opened the door attached to the bedroom and went inside keeping the door ajar. The moon was high up in the sky. She sighed gazing at the moon. She clutched the comforter tighter. She sat down on the floor. Still gazing up at the sky.

The moon was shining brightly. The stars twinkling along with the moon. Brightening up the world. Angry tears started flowing from her eyes. She was almost raped today. That scum of a man touched her. Inappropriately. She felt disgusted. She angrily wiped her tears away. 'Why do I keep crying? I won't cry anymore. That bastard got what he deserved.' She thought. A slow smile adorned her face. Siddharth. He saved her. He came for her. ' Siddharth saved me today. If only he didn't arrive on time...' She trailed off. A cold shiver ran down her spine thinking about it.

Suddenly someone sat beside her. She didn't have to look up for confirming who it was. She opened her side of the comforter inviting him. He didn't waste any time taking the comforter and wrapping it around him. He scooted closer and tugged on it to cover them properly. Avneet was clutching the other side. From the force of him tugging at it, she let out an 'oomph' and crashed her head to his shoulder.

"Ow." She said rubbing her head. Siddharth widened his eyes and turned to face her.

"I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" He asked worriedly. Avneet glared at him still rubbing her head before letting out a soft laugh. She shook her head and leaned her head to his chest. Siddharth sat frozen.

"Thank you." She mumbled. Siddharth's heart was racing fast. His mind was jumbled from the little intimacy.

"H-huh?" He asked cluelessly. Avneet inhaled his scent and relaxed into him. Siddharth's insides were turning into jelly from the act. This little act of intimacy affecting him more than it should.

"Thank you for saving me today." She said sighing.

"If you hadn't arrived on time..." Her voice cracked at the last. He came back to earth. Siddharth immediately cupped her face and looked straight into her eyes.

"Hey, don't say that. He can't do anything to you now." He said sternly. She looked into his eyes searching for something. She closed her eyes and sighed before nodding her head. She leaned back on his chest with closed eyes. She couldn't believe that she felt so safe with him. She felt protected. She felt warmth.

Siddharth leaned down and inhaled her hair. He let out a shaky breath leaning his weight back on the wall.

"You're very strong you know. I've never seen any woman like you other than my mom and bhabi." He said. Avneet let out a soft laugh before nodding at him. Her heart tugged painfully at his words. An unreadable emotion overflowing from her heart.

"Thank you. You're a very nice friend." She said meaning every word. His eyes widen. Friends. None of his clients has ever called him a friend. They were just business. He felt good but somewhat disappointed. Why? That he didn't know.

They were in comfortable silence. Both enjoying the moonlight and each other's company. Avneet eyes felt heavy. Her eyes dropped close. And her breathing evened out. Siddharth's let out a small yawn. His eyes were droopy. He let his eyes close for a moment but sleep washed over him taking him in a comfortable slumber.