Chapter - 24 Danger?

"Please didi! Don't go!" Vansh whined. Siddharth and Avneet were now returning to her house. It was late. Avneet smiled at him.

"I have to go. I have work tomorrow." she said caressing his cheek. Vansh nibbled on his lips looking down. Avneet's heart squeezed seeing him sad.

"But you can go to work from here too." Vansh said looking hopeful. His eyes were sad. Avneet sighed. She was already attached to this little boy. She knew she was going to miss him a lot. She looked at Siddharth helplessly. Siddharth was standing beside her and watching them along with the others. They were already admiring Vanshneet bond. Siddharth sighed and crouched down in front of Vansh.

"You can always call us. Tell mumma to video call me whenever you want to talk with us." Siddharth said ruffling his hair. Vansh gave him a bright smile.

"I can?!" he asked looking back and forth between Siddharth and Avneet. Avneet nodded smiling at him. Vansh jumped up and down. He hugged Avneet's legs as he was tiny. Avneet laughed and ruffled his hair. Siddharth smiled looking at them and stood up.

"Bye guys. Thanks for having me today." she said smiling genuinely. Vibha took her in for a hug.

"We loved having you here." she said releasing her. Avneet smiled at her. Vaish hugged her.

"Take care, Avneet. I'll call you later." she said. Avneet nodded smiling. Abhishek took her into a hug and grinned ruffling her hair making Vibha and Vaish laugh. Siddharth smiled shaking his head. Avneet swatted his hand away.

"Take care, Avneetay. We'll meet soon hopefully." he said the last sentence looking at Siddharth. Avneet didn't see that. She grinned. Siddharth narrowed his eyes at Abhi.

"Thank you everyone. Bye!" she said waving her hand.

"I'll miss you Vansh!" she said kissing his cheeks. Vansh grinned at her.

"I'll miss you too chachi." he said mischievously making others laugh. Avneet playfully glared at him before laughing out too. She waved at them again before walking away. Both of them went to their car and went home.

_______________________________________

Avneet huffed out of relief when they finally reached home. She was really sleepy. She directly went towards the staircase mumbling a goodnight to Siddharth. But his attention was on something else. A letter. On the table next to the door. 'This was not here when we left.' he thought suspiciously. He picked it up. Nothing. No name. No address. 'Shit.' he thought angrily.

"Avneet..." he called in caution. She stilled. His tone sent cold shivers down her spine. She immediately turned around. She knew something was wrong by the look on his face.

"Is everything okay, Siddharth?" she asked slowly. She was on alert. Siddharth went closer to her. His figure was stiff.

"This letter is for you." he said slowly. Her eyes snapped to the letter. She furrowed her eyebrows. 'I didn't get any letters today.' she thought in confusion. Then suddenly it clicked. She looked at him in terror. She was not fool. She knew who sent it. He knew she was scared. He motioned her to sit on the couch with him. They sat not so closely. Avneet sat straight. Hands folded on her lap. Siddharth didn't say anything. He opened the letter. He went rigid. He fisted his palms along with the letter. Avneet looked at him. With trembling hand she held his fist. He immediately relaxed a bit. He sighed. She took the letter from him. He didn't want her to read it. But he couldn't hide anything from her. She needed to know.

Avneet opened the letter.

'Count your last days princess. You won't get lucky next time.'