Chapter - 64 Revelation

2 weeks later~

Siddharth was finally healed. Not fully but he was permitted to move around. It took him 14 damn days to recover bit by bit.

Siddharth always hated how weak his body felt after this type of injury. These wounds weren't even that bad. He clearly remembered how a client of his was ambushed by gang people.

That man had an issue with the gang with plots. When they ambushed them, it was really bad. But thankfully the backup team arrived timely and saved them. Siddharth had been knocked out for three days straight with many broken bones.

Siddharth winced recalling the memory. It took him a few months to recover fully from that incident.

Right now, he was heading back home from the gym. He felt out of shape and he needed to fix it. Even though he had his own gym but he wanted an instructor for speeding up the process.

Opening his door, he sighed tiredly. It was 9 in the morning and he returned yesterday from Nigam Manor.

His apartment was free of bugs and cameras planted by Shashank's men. His boss didn't inform him about anything on the case since he was recovering. And it annoyed him to no end.

But he still got to know that Shashank was arrested but was now demanding a court meeting. With the police department's help, they had managed to seize every illegal business of him.

Cocaine dealing, weapon transportation, black money from many illegal organisations. He even dared to open a few human trafficking centres in the name of orphanages. There were little kids ranging from age 4 to 17. It was sick. The man was sick.

Siddharth glared into the wall, 'Verma is screwed,' he thought running his fingers through his hair. He had rejoined in the case, fully intending to close the case by cornering Verma from every angle. So far, he had enough evidence to finish his whole career. But it wasn't enough.

Siddharth frowned, something from the voice recorded attached to Avneet from that day didn't add up.

Verma was saying something about her buyers.

Plural.

And Siddharth didn't find any information about that. He was mainly focusing on this task. So far, Verma only had documents of human trafficking. But there was not a single document related to Avneet's buyers.

He had contacted one of the best hackers he knew and asked for his help. He assured it would take him a few days to collect the information.

Siddharth couldn't wait to know who had dared to want his Avneet. He would have the first few rounds of talking with them. He smirked darkly.

Siddharth took out his clothes and went to the bathroom for a much-needed shower. He needed to go to the headquarters for updates.

Slamming the door shut, he walked inside the familiar building with his head held high. It was the first day he returned to the office after taking Avneet's case. He bit back a smile, not wanting to break his stone face exterior.

He directly walked to Mr Mehta's office. He firmly knocked on the door and waited for a reply.

"Come in," he said and Siddharth walked inside with an emotionless face. He didn't bother saying anything. He knew Mr Mehta wasn't that good of a person. But he was smart enough to sway with the wind. And right now, the wind was flowing in Mr Nandra's direction.

"Welcome back, Mr Nigam," he greeted standing up from his seat and forwarded his hand for a shake. Siddharth shook his hand firmly.

"Take a seat," he said sitting back on his chair. Siddharth sat down looking at him to start talking business.