Chapter - 12 Girl Friends

Avneet was bouncing her legs nervously sitting on the waiting room. She was trying her best not to show her insecurity in front of Siddharth. He was sitting right beside of her. He saw her fiddling with her fingers and bouncing her legs. 'She is nervous.' he caught on. He sighed.

" Do you need any food?" he asked for a distraction. She looked at him and nodded her head.

"Water." she said. He burrowed his eyebrows.

"Water? That's it? Any food?" he asked. She shook her head and tried to smile at him. He sighed.

"Alright. I'll be back in a minute. Don't go anywhere." he said looking straight into her eyes. She nodded reassuringly. He went from there. She exhaled shakily. 'God. I've never done this before. What will she ask? What if I make a fool of myself. Gosh! She is Siddharth's friend! It will be so embarrassing.' she internally groaned.

Siddharth came back. He was carrying a water bottle and two sandwiches. He knew she was hungry. She didn't eat much in the morning. He handed her the bottle first.

"Thank you." she said gratefully. He nodded his head at her. She took a few gulps from it and sighed. Then he handed her a sandwich. She looked at him weirdly.

"Eat." he said rolling his eyes. She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I didn't tell you to bring it." she said. He sighed.

"You should eat. You didn't eat properly in the morning today. You need to fix your arm." he said pointedly. She rolled her eyes and snatched the sandwich from his hand. Siddharth's lips twitched upwards a bit. 'Why does he need to be right at everything? Can't he be wrong sometimes?' she thought munching on her sandwich. Siddharth shook his head. She finished her sandwich and sat comfortably. She was less nervous now. Why? She didn't know.

"Miss Avneet kaur?" a woman in her late 30s called. Both Siddharth and Avneet looked towards her.

"Yes?" she asked nervously. Siddharth noticed this.

"You can go inside now." she said smilingly. Avneet nodded her head. The woman went away. Avneet stood up slowly. So did Siddharth.

"It's okay. You got this." Siddharth said smiling at her. Avneet felt her heart flutter. She smiled genuinely at him. His breathing stopped again. They were looking into eachother's eyes as if looking for something. Anything. Both of them were in a trance. Avneet broke it soon. And was looking anywhere but him. Her cheeks heated up a bit.

"I-I'll just go inside." she said softly. He nodded his head. She went. Siddharth sighed and plopped on a seat nearby. 'God, what the hell is wrong with me?' he asked irritated.

Avneet knocked on the door.

"Come in." a soft voice replied. Avneet took a deep breath before opening the door. The woman sitting on the chair had a bright smile on her face seeing her. 'She is gorgeous.' Avneet thought. She was almost in the same height as Avneet. Straight hair. Bright skin. Brown eyes. She was sitting patiently on her sit. Avneet approached her slowly.

"Hey! I'm Jannat." she chirped. Avneet was taken aback. 'Wow. She seems friendly.' she thought amused.

"Hey. I'm Avneet." she replied smiling. Jannat smiled widely at her.

"Oh, I know! Please take a sit." she said. Avneet took a sit in front of her. 'Jannat is Siddharth's friend? That is impossible. She is so friendly and he seems soo.....quiet.' she thought.

"Oh, I know that look. What are you thinking?" Jannat said looking curious. Avneet's looked at her. Her cheeks turned pink without any warning. Jannat noticed that.