Chapter - 26 The News

"Here you go, Mr. Malhotra. Your room is 602. Enjoy your stay." the receptionist said smiling flirtatiously at him. Completely ignoring Avneet. They were driving for 6 hours. And they decided to stop at a hotel. But now she is regretting her decision. She was pissed at the woman before her. 'Why the heck is she looking at him like that? Am I invisible?' She thought frustratedly.

Siddharth was not aware of the girl's intension. He was standing for a room for the night. Suddenly he felt someone hold his hand. From the tingles erupting in his hands, he knew before turning who it was. He looked at Avneet in confusion. But she was not looking at him. He followed her gaze and found she was looking at the receptionist. No, no scratch that. She was glaring at the receptionist. She intertwined their fingers and scooted closer to him. He raised an eyebrow at her actions. 'What is she doing? Not that I'm ever complaining.' he thought before widening his eyes at his thinking. He looked at Avneet and she turned her head towards him smiling sweetly.

"Baby, did you inform her about the tub I was asking about?" she asked him tilting her head to the side looking really innocent. He took a sharp intake of breath. The baby made him feel weirdly giddy. 'What are you doing Avneet?' he asked himself. He felt a tug at his hand.

"Babe?" Avneet asked again. He realised he had zoned out.

"Huh? W-what?" he stammered. Heat rushing to his cheeks which was unnoticed by Avneet. Avneet giggled.

"Oh silly, you already forgot about it?" she asked looking all innocent again. His heart was beating fast inside. His mind was hazy. Avneet looked back at the receptionist. Her smile long gone. She was not shooting daggers at her by her eyes. Siddharth furrowed his eyebrows. He looked back to the receptionist who looked pissed and uncomfortable.

"I wanted to know if the bathroom there has a big tub? You know for possibly two person?" she asked boldly. Siddharth's eyebrows shot up to the ceiling. He looked back at the receptionist who was now squirming in her sit being highly intimidated.

"O-of course, Ma'am. The tub is big enough for-" she trailed off being flustered. Avneet nodded.

"Okay thanks. And listen...." she called her.

"Yes, ma'am?" she asked slowly.

"It's Mrs. Malhotra to you." she replied sassily before turning on her heels and walking ahead tugging Siddharth behind. Siddharth got a glimpse of the receptionist who slumped down on her seat defeated. Suddenly it all clicked. 'Was she.....jealous?' he thought. A little smirk forming in his mouth. He wanted to look at her face. They got into the elevator. Silence evolving around them. Avneet was still clutching his hand but she was not smiling anymore.

"What was that?" he asked barely controlling his grin. Avneet didn't look at him. She scoffed.

"You can thanks me later properly." she said sassily still not looking at him. His grin broaded. He tugged her towards him. She gasped before crashing sideways on his body. She looked up and found him smirking at her. He leaned down on her. Her breathing hitched.

"Should I?" he whispered in her ear. His hot breath not helping the situation. He leaned back only to find her cheeks pink. She looked down at his chest only confirming his thought. He shook his head but his smile not leaving his face. She straightened up and stood beside him. She tugged her hand but his grip tightened. Siddharth looked down at her.

"Don't get angry on me baby." he pleaded. Avneet widened her eyes. Her cheeks turning red. Siddharth pointed to a camera behind him she understood and smiled sweetly at him.

"Only if you take me out on a dinner." she said shifting her weight on her left feet. Siddharth laughed before nodding his head. The lift dinged signaling they are on the 6th floor. They searched for their room. They took their luggage by themselves. When they entered the room, Avneet huffed out a breath.