Chapter - 21 I'm Hurt

They arrived at 11.30pm. Avneet was feeling drowsy throughout the whole ride. Siddharth couldn't help but stealing glances at her whenever he got a chance. He found her different. Different from other women. Which intrigued him. He knew he was attracted to her. And he didn't like feeling like this. He was her bodyguard. He was slipping. He can't let this happen. 'I need to distant myself from her.' he thought sighing. This thought alone made his heart hurt. He knew it would be difficult for him to keep distance from her. She was so kind and innocent which called for his attention. He forced himself not to look at her again through the ride.

Avneet on the otherside was clueless. She was trying not to sleep on the car. She was totally drained. From the morning training to the stupid dinner, everything consumed her energy. When they reached she jumped out of the car and dragged herself to her home. Siddharth followed her keeping a good distance.

Avneet didn't wait for him and started walking towards her room as soon as she opened the door after saying goodnight to Siddharth of course. He sighed and mumbled a goodnight to her too. He face palmed himself. He didn't even do anything but something tugged at his heart painfully. 'This is gonna be difficult. Really difficult.' he thought sighing before going to his room.

_______________________________________

Next morning ~

Avneet was up at five in the morning as usual. She got ready and went downstairs. She felt fresh after a good night sleep. Her nightmares no longer disturbing her. Talking it out sure does help. She was humming while walking. She didn't find Siddharth in the living room or in the kitchen. 'Must be outside working out.' she thought shrugging. He literally forced herself not to think about shirtless Siddharth working out. Flexing his muscles. She hurried to the kitchen to make some breakfast for herself. And also distracting her from thinking about the greek god aka her bodyguard.

After breakfast she made her way to her garden only to see Siddharth was drinking water. What her eyes caught was water trailing from his mouth to his throat and finally to his t-shirt. Soaking it. She gulped and shook her head. 'Shit. Focus Avneet.' she scolded herself before replacing her small frown by a bright smile.

"Hey Siddha-" she was abruptly cut in her sentence.

"Take your positions. We'll start from where we left yesterday." he said emotionlessly. Avneet frowned at him. She didn't want to admit but she was hurt by this. She ignored the feeling and took her positions. 'Maybe he is tensed for something.' she assured herself before both of them starting their training.

Later that day, Siddharth didn't talk much. He didn't talk unless it's necessary. Avneet felt uneasy. 'What happened suddenly? Everything was fine yesterday.' she asked herself. She didn't ask him anything. Siddharth didn't even look at her. His eyes always on the people around her. Her heart tugged painfully. She didn't know why his sudden cold behaviour was affecting her so much. It was like the old Siddharth was back again. Her mood was sour the whole day.

Siddharth. His heart was aching badly. He was struggling. This was so difficult. He saw how her face dropped when he talked so rudely with her. He saw her not conversing with other and lost in her thoughts. He saw how she opened her mouth to say something to him but she stopped. He had turn off many conversations created by her that she was not sure what to do. 'It's for the best. I can't give up.' he says to himself whenever his heart tells him to go to her.

His was behaving coldly to her the whole day. Her gut wrenched thinking about it. She was sitting on her couch where Siddharth was now on the kitchen.

"Siddharth?" she asked softly.

"Hm?" he asked in a bored tone not even looking at her. He knew she was about to ask him about his sudden change.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" she asked cautiously. He took a water bottle and opened it's cap.

"Nothing. Everything's alright." he replied nonchalantly gulping down water.

"Then why are you-" he cut her rudely yet again.

"I'm going upstairs." he said turning on his heels. She opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself. She sighed. Her heart still hurting. 'Why am I feeling like this?' she asked herself angrily. She was frustrated. 'Is he mad at me? What did I do? Is he mad because of yesterday?' she thought frustratedly. She went to her room hoping sleep may stop her heart aching like this.

Next morning ~

Same like yesterday but this time Avneet didn't initiate any conversation. Siddharth was both relived and hurt by this. Relived because he won't have to be rude at her and hurt because she had given up on him. Avneet was confused. She didn't talk to him because he would shut her out. She was hurt. She didn't know what to do. Their day went awfully silently.

Siddharth was sitting on the couch watching TV. Not watching actually but thinking about his life. He felt so bad treating her like this.' But she gave up on me.' he thought smiling sadly at himself. This thought hurt like hell. He felt his heart was being punched by someone. 'God, how long will it take to go the pain away?' he prayed hopelessly. He sighed at his fucked up life. His phone rang loudly. He wasn't in a mood to talk. He accepted the call without looking.

"Hello?" he asked in a bored tone.

"Ashu beta?! How are you? Kitne dino baad phone uthaya! Kaha rehta hai tu?" his mon scolded him from the otherside making him smile slightly. (You accepted up my call after so long! Where do you stay?)

"Hey mom. Slow down. I'm here only." he said laughing lightly at her.

"Shut up and click the video call option. I want to see you." she ordered. Siddharth shook his head. He knew he can't deny her demand. He clicked the video call option and saw his mother's face. He smiled at her.

"Thank god! You look like you've lost some weight. Don't you eat much?" she ranted. Siddharth rolled his eyes at his mother's concern.

"Yes, mom. I do eat. Don't worry." he said. His mother was gonna say something but she stopped. She saw a girl behind her son. Doing something.

"Ashu, who is she?" his mom asked raising an eyebrow.

Hey guys!
Here is chapter twenty one. Hope you'll like it.

Siddharth made a difficult decision.
Do you think he is doing right?

Aw, Avneet is hurt.
I feel bad for both of them. 🤧

What do you think will happen next?

Stay tuned to know more! 👻

Please vote, share and comment 🤗

Love ya'll ❤️

-Isa