Chapter - 43 Settling In

"Let's go to bed," Avneet said with a soft yawn. Siddharth exhaled a breath and opened his eyes.

"You were not this tired a few minutes ago." Siddharth teased removing his head from her neck. She slapped in his arm.

"Shut up. I wanna sleep." She said in a baby voice rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. Siddharth let out a soft laugh.

"Okay." He said softly kissing her cheek and making her smile. He unwrapped his arms from her waist and held her hand. They both started walking to the bedroom.

"You settle down. I'll go and bring our car next to the house." Siddharth said after reaching the room. Avneet nodded. Siddharth walked out of the house. The car wasn't parked far away. It would take less than two minutes for him to bring it over here. And their stuff was also inside the car.

He rushed to the car and drove it near their temporary home. After parking the car, he opened the trunk and took out their luggage. He went inside with those and kept them in the living. He then rushed outside to bring back all the stuff they had shopped earlier.

Avneet came out of the room hearing shuffling sounds in the living. She saw Siddharth entering with lots of bags in his hands. She literally ran to him and took a hold of a bag that was nearly falling from his hold.

"You should have called me for help," she said placing the bag on the floor. Siddharth sighed placing all the bags on the floor.

"You were tired," he said as it was obvious with a shrug. She shook her head with a small smile.

"Is that all?" she asked gesturing to the bags.

"Yes," he said with a nod. She shuffled in the bags and opened one and put out a water bottle. Siddharth was watching her with a confused look but his confusion dissolved when she forwarded the water bottle to him.

"Here," she said handing him the bottle. He smiled at her.

"Thanks," he replied and drank big gulps of water as he was thirsty. While he was busy drinking water, Avneet took a hold of her luggage. He did the same and they both walked to the bedroom.

"Uh, we've got a problem," Siddharth said after entering their bedroom. Avneet was already inside the room placing her luggage near the closet. She turned around with a confused expression.

"What?" she asked. Siddharth looked around the room and sighed in disappointment.

"There is only one bed here," he said closing his eyes with a sigh. She looked at the double bed and back at him.

"I'll sleep in the living room. You sleep here. I'll request mukhiya ji to add another bed-" he said after thinking for a moment. Avneet widened her eyes.

"Siddharth, stop. You don't have to do that. It will create suspicion on us as we are married in their eyes." she said calmly. Siddharth looked at her. He knew she was right.

"And don't worry, you don't need to sleep in the living room," she said with a small laugh as she walked towards him. He didn't say anything and just kept looking at her. He knew what she was initiating. But he wanted to hear it from her mouth.

"Then where will I sleep?" he asked acting dumb. She stopped in front of him. Not too close. She looked up at him. Her cheeks reddening slightly.

"Here," she said softly. She looked down unable to hold his gaze for long. He wanted to laugh at her adorableness.

"Here?" he asked taking a step forward. She nodded slowly.

"With you?" he asked stopping in front of her. She was still looking down. She nodded again. He hooked a finger on her chin and tugged it upwards to see her face. She was blushing. He leaned down and she sucked in a surprised breath.