Chapter - 60 Consequences

Avneet's ear rang from the loud sounds of gunshots. With all the strength she had left in her body she pushed Verma to the ground. Though her whole body was shaking, it was rather easier to push him down.

A thumping sound in front of her made her snap her gaze to them. Her heart stopped seeing Siddharth dropping on the floor on his knees with such an expression, she was sure it would give her nightmares for months. His upper thigh bleeding heavily.

"SIDDHARTH!!!" she screamed in panic and dashed towards his bleeding figure who already had his eyes on her. She dropped in front of him with a thud. She didn’t care how much painful it was for her to move her upper body. All she wanted was him to be okay.

With shaking hands, she cupped his face delicately. Scared to hurt him even more. His eyes felt heavy. He blinked several times to clear the haze in front of his eyes. His Avneet was in front of him. Crying her eyes out. 'I need to comfort her.' he thought in his jumbled mind.

He exhaled shakily and gave her a weak smile.  "Baby!! Oh my God! You’re bleeding so much!! Help!! Someone, please!!" she sobbed screaming for help, looking around frantically.

"Sush.." he murmured as he wrapped his arms around her narrow waist. She looked at him with red frantic eyes. He hid his face in her neck. 'Finally. My home.' he thought sighing shakily. It was as if holding her within the cage of his arms were the solution to every problem. He buried his face in the crook of her neck kissing her intensely beating pulse. He felt nauseous and extremely lightheaded. He knew he'd lost too much blood. He was already shot in the shoulder. And it hurt like a bitch.

It felt like taking a huge intake of fresh air having her finally in his arms. It was then he believed he had saved her. He felt like he won everything. Her shoulders were shaking as she cried holding him tightly. She didn’t know what to do or what to expect. She felt extremely scared. He was going to pass out soon.

Faintly she heard someone talk behind her. "Mission completed. We need medical help asap. Three injured. Verma being one of them." a voice said behind them. Though she didn’t care anymore. She was too scared to notice anything other than bleeding Siddharth.

Siddharth wanted to sleep. He knew he was going to pass out on her. But he didn’t want to let go. He had been very scared for her. He sent her to the danger even though it was his job to protect her. His heart constricted painfully remembering the bloodied and beaten up look of her. He didn’t want to see her like that ever again.

His hands tightened on her waist and without thinking about the pain he was about to face, he pulled her on his lap. He wanted her close. Closer to his loudly beating heart.

"Siddharth!! No! You're bleeding! Please! Let go of me!" she exclaimed in fright. She didn’t want to hurt him more than he already was.

"Never," he growled lowly, not letting her go. He will never let her go. 'Never till I'm dead.' he said to himself, putting his nose over her hair and taking in her scent to calm his mind.

His mind was a mess. A lot of things going on there but he couldn’t point on a single topic. It was rather infuriating that his mind won't give him a little break, after all, he'd been enduring. He just wanted to close his eyes and accept the darkness which had been beckoning at him.

Avneet started getting worked up when his body started to go limp. "Siddharth!! Siddharth!! No, don’t sleep! Please! Don’t close your eyes!" she cried out. When he didn’t reply, she became frantic. "Help! Help! Someone, please! He is bleeding!" she screamed frantically sobbing and hiccuping.

A gentle touch on her shoulder made her jolt in shock. "Di..." a voice said softly. She looked at them and a fresh set of tears started running down her face.