Chapter - 56 Calm Before The Storm

Did you miss me? ;)

-Author<3
_______________________________________

"Ahhh, I'm sooo tireddd!" Reem exclaimed dumping herself on the bed. Avneet chuckled seeing her dropping rather funnily on the bed.

"Get up and change into your pj's before falling asleep like that," Avneet said nudging her thigh before walking into the washroom with a smile on her face. Reem pouted but dragged herself to Avneet's closet.

Avneet changed into baby pink cute PJs. The top and pyjama pants were littered with littered small rabbits. She hurriedly re-checked her concealer over her neck. Thankfully, her top wasn’t exposing any of those hickeys. She brushed her hair and walked out of the washroom humming to herself.

She dropped herself on the bed with a sigh while Reem was standing over her closet, rummaging on her clothes.

"Woah, di! Why do you have soo many oversized shirts?" Reem asked pulling out some t-shirts which were way big for Avneet. Avneet jumped up. Her eyes widened.

"Um...I.. W-well..." she fumbled with her words. How could she reply? These were the shirts she stole from Siddharth. She loved wearing them. Those had his woodsy smell and were really comfortable. It didn’t help that Siddharth absolutely loved seeing her wearing his shirts.

"Doesn’t matter. These are soo comfyy! I wanna wear them!! Can I? Can I?" Reem cut her off.

"No," Avneet replied without thinking.  Her eyes widened realising her mistake.

"Um..I-I don’t like... W-why are you going through my clothes? Wear your own!" Avneet fake scolded walking up to Reem who was pouting and snatched the shirts. Avneet kept the shirts back where they were and took Reem's pj's and threw them at her. Reem caught them and turned around.

What Avneet didn’t notice was the big grin played on Reem's lips.

Reem and Avneet talked, joked, and gossiped for a few hours before tiredness caught up to Reem and she dozed off. Whereas, Avneet was wide awake. She twisted and turned uncomfortably, unable to fall asleep. 'Why can't I sleep??' she groaned softly.

Her phone lit up suddenly. She raised an eyebrow at the notification sound which was for text messages. 'Who wants to talk in the middle of the goddamn night?' she thought annoyed and snatched her phone.

'You awake?'

-Siddharth

Her mood immediately brightened. She looked at Reem who was deep in her sleep and exhaled slowly. She pulled the comforter over her head and started typing.

'Can't sleep.'

-Avneet

'Me too.'

-Siddharth

She started typing again but another of his text beat her to it.

'I miss you.'

-Siddharth

Her heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t help but blush.

'Stop blushing and reply.'

-Siddharth