Chapter 18

Hospital room

Kanae walked into the room to see her sister fully conscious sitting up and staring outside the window.

" Shinobu? " Kanae asked as she walked closer but her sister didn't show any signs rather she continued to look out the window. " Shinobu say something you've been scaring me this morning and I don....... "

" I met him. " Shinobu said cutting her sisters words off.

" What are you t..... "

" He's name is Douma and he is a real creep. " Shinobu said looking at her sisters with emotionless eyes.

" Shinobu you told me this before I know. " Kanae said holding her sisters cheek and caressing it.

" Except you don't. I lied to you. I never met him once it was occasional he would threaten me to meeting with him. " Shinobu looked out the window once more. " Kanae you love me right? You'd be willing to let me be with the one I love right? "

" Shinobu your not making any sense right now and damnit I'm freightened at the fact that you don't come to me with your problems. I promised to look after you two if I can't do that then what am I good for. " Kanae spoke out loud letting emotions pour into the room warm tears ran down her cheeks as she looked at her little sister. Shinobu turned with a guilt torn expression as she rethought her decision to tell her sister about last night. " Shinobu talk to me please. " Kanae spoke in a broken tone making Shinobu flinch on instinct her mind thinking of a good a well believable lie. It was silent for a while before Shinobu thought of something bowing her head down Shinobu spoke with a heavy heart

" Kanae it isn't your fault it's my own. I just got so caught up in my heart strings I failed to realise what was happening to me. " Kanae gave her a confused look and tilted her head to the side. " Turns out my crush wasn't just a crush. I fell hard head over heels for Tomioka-sensei. " ' oh god please forgive me for this and sorry Giyu for putting you on thin ice like this. ' she thought as she took a breath prepared to speak but Kanae beat her to it.

" All this over a guy? " Kanae asked really started to get confused.

" No, no no well yes. I kinda confessed to sensei last night. Of course he rejected me saying student teachers aren't allowed to date. But me being me I expected to much and instantly fell into depression after he said that. " Kanae looked at her sister then bowed her head with her shoulders shaking. Shinobu panicked thinking she was crying was about to add to the list but stopped when she heard a giggle coming from Kanae.

" Oh my goodness Shinobu. I actually thought something awful happened. I was so freightened. " Kanae said amidst giggles Shinobu tilted her head to the side in disbelief of how her sister shrugged such an issue aside.

" But it is awful. I'm in a depressed state al....... "

" Oh sweetheart that's not an awful thing. " Kanae said pulling Shinobu into a warming embrace. " You see we can't choose who we love but we can learn from those faults and heartbreak. This just makes you stronger as a woman. " She said kissing the crown of her sisters head. Shinobu was sunk into the warm embrace loving the feeling of being close to her sister like this.

" Wait. Where's Kanao? " Shinobu asked pulling away her eyes looked around the room and sure enough they were alone.

" It's alright dad is with her. I had to m- "