chapter 21

TWO DAYS LATER

After having heard the confession from Kocho, Giyu was left in a constant state of anger though perfectly concealed in others presence there were two that he failed to fool. Nezuko was the first to notice after the lunch where he'd hugged Shinobu he would constantly grit his teeth and growl at nothingness, so she confronted him though after a small lie and a hug later she understood. Shinobu too had noticed and was concerned about him as he'd been far more silent than the usual but then again the words he spoke still lingered in her head and hurt her deeply. Though considering she decided to breakup with him in such a cruel way she wasn't surprised at all.

Flashback

A day after the whole truth and secrets of they're relationship being revealed Shinobu found herself once again haunted by her thoughts and sleepless night to accommodate her negative thoughts. As she sat in the bed she looked over to her phone wondering if she could take the gamble. While not capable of fixing anything she was hoping she could atleast salvage the bits of pieces of they're broken relationship and maybe some day Giyu would see her in the same light. Allowing her emotions to run her actions the young girl pressed the call button and waited patiently.

' RING - She felt her stomach go upside down like the days she'd first discovered she was falling head over heels for her teacher.

' RING - She could still vividly remember the hurt in his eyes the day she broke up with him.

Before the third ring she disconnected the call and put her fast against the screen slightly happy that he was the only one that makes her feel this insecure about herself though in a good way.

Sighing in frustration Shinobu stood up and checked the time only to grumble in annoyanceas she saw the time was 00:24a.m.

' stupid Shinobi of course he's not gonna pick up its midnight for fucks sakes get a grip. ' Kocho stood up from her bed and wore her slippers put on her gown and took her phone creeping silently down stairs to get a midnight snack. She snuck down the stairs and into the kitchen her destination the fridge were she knew Kanae always kept her try for when she was feeling down. Though as she opened the fridge her phone buzzed in her hands startling her. Her eyes drifted to her screen wondering what moron would be awake at this hour besides her only to have her eyes widen at the contact flashing and trying to get her attention. She frooze in her place in awe as she stared at the phone but the buzzing tickle in her hands was quick to knock her out of such a state. She quickly pressed the answer button and placed the phone against her ear eagerly while leaning against the fridge biting her lip.

" Hello. " Mk

" I saw you called what's up. " He sounded somewhat refreshed and still wide awake.

" I wanted t...t.to h..h...hear the sound of y...your  ...v... voice. " Her stuttering mess of words reminded her of that faithful day she'd decided to take what's hers.

" Shinobu it's practically midnight why aren't you asleep? "

" I can't sleep I've been thinking about you. So why are you still up? "

" I just got out of the shower. "

" Oh, thought you were thinking of me. Would've been nice to know that much. "