Chapter 19

Giyu

Do you ever have that feeling that the whole world was turning against you and would just about do anything to make sure you suffered. Like everything in life seemed to hate you for that moment. Well it is how Giyu should be feeling but much rather he was elated.

Short flashback

Giyu sat in his living room with a visitor not just any but a colleague, Shinazugawa Sanemi was in front of Giyu displayed in front of him where a bunch of folders and a police badge telling Giyu all he needed to know for this situation.

" So Giyu you know why I'm here? " Sanemi asked with a straight face that matches Giyu's blank one.

" No. What are you doing here anyway? " Giyu asked with a straight face as he looked the man in the eye showing he wasn't afraid. The staring competition went on for a few seconds before Sanemi sighed in defeat.

" Listen your a smart man Giyu so I'll cut to the chase. I'm a cop, I was undercover trying to trap Douma and I finally have. Now the issue is if I strike it's no doubt you'll go down with him. " Sanemi looked at the folders before him then moved forward and pushed one towards Giyu and sat patiently as he took the file reading it's contents. " We hacked Kocho's phone and found these text messages. I'm sure you both felt genuinely in love but the law is the law Giyu. " Giyu stayed silent as he read the messages they were very explicit and really revealing about their relationship it kinda made him happy but sad at the same time. Kanae had confronted him about Shinobu hospitalising herself because he ' rejected her love ' however she also made it clear that she wasn't blaming him as it would have been bad to start a relationship with a minor. Then there was another thing that bothered him, Shinobu, she was a strange one to others but he knew her inside and out. He knew if she used his name to lie it was normal but using their relationship set off alarms also the fact that she'd mentioned she was in contact with her stalker. Giyu finally closed the file and glared at the cop across him.

" So what of it? " He asked knowing very well what that he was going to jail. At the back of his head he felt a pang of regret as he won't be able to look after Nezuko and Tanjiro but ultimately glad Shinobu would be safe once Douma was behind bars.

" Yeah about those I was gonna give you a few days to talk it out with Kocho before I mak... "

" Are you insane? A few days is all it takes for that maniac to hurt Shinobu. I don't care what happens to me just protect them. " Giyu said a bit angered that Sanemi was willing to reconsider putting away a criminal because of his stupidity. He knew a relationship with Kocho was a gamble but he took it anyway.

" ' Sighs ' Giyu your a humble man. I'll try my best to get you out of this but no promises. Shinobu is gonna be devastated wi...... " Sanemi didn't get to finish his sentence as his phone suddenly rang out loud. Pulling it out of his pocket he checked the caller ID and saw it was Iguro. He quickly answered and put the phone on speak. " Chief here speak to me. "

" Chief you'll never believe what I've found. "

" What did you find? "

" Records chief, records. Turns out Akaze left a load of records and evidence that was insurance in case Douma ever backstabbed him. It has years and years of crimes and USB drive on their drug smuggle ring. "

" Iguro your not fucking with me right? "

" Off course not chief. Akaze's wife came in here with Kanroji about two hours ago and dropped all this saying it was in one of his safes. "