Chapter XVII: - "Lord Hathi"

Instantly Mowgli had felt quite a chill as he had stood himself up all so before The Powerful Elephant Ruler Lord Hathi, whom for sure had the young boy just truly only had ever heard of and otherwise had never seen before within all his life ever so at all, at all. This was the so quite first time ever that he had ever so crossed paths with an elephant even by or so for that matter here.

Truly Hathi was as magnificent as he was quite gigantic. His mere physical presence altogether was enough to fill the boy with purest awe. He was The Lord Of All The Elephants, The Leading Keeper Of All Amongst The Laws Of The Jungles And Other Wilds, maintainer of all rules for The Jungle Peoples And Other Peoples Of The Wilds, and it all but was remembered quite often to all but thus find it a delight ever here at all just to get to hear his voice speaking. He by far among all whom like a lot of those including in all these parts of all of The Jungles and other places all from among The Wilds had known sometimes as The Great Silent Ones due to their being known to sometimes just remain quiet and to if ever they speak do so in deep voices especially as adults, was from amongst by rather so far The Wisest of all The Elephants and all otherwise among The Peoples Of The Jungles And All The Other Wilds. He was a very old elephant as well.

"Greetings Mowgli," Said Hathi, "it is by far indeed my highest honour to ever meet you, Man's-Cub."

Mowgli had a few questions to ask The Lord Of The Elephants. "That Tiger," he said to have prepared thus to ask, "whatsoever did he mean by how it was "his right" and as such however was it his right to even say it was so for him whilst to ever kill A Man? Killing Man just so brings more trouble to The Wilds including all from among The Jungles all than their mere presence in it alone, and is of pure great shame as has always been told to me at the least." Immediately Mowgli had bowed as he spoke up and asked his question of Hathi.

"Indeed Mowgli," Said The Elephant Lord, "ever so to kill A Man is shameful. Yet there also has been a conflict fought off all in between Man and The Tigers for as so long whilst as can ever be remembered."

Mowgli raised up his head and raised a brow in curiosity from not comprehending what it at all was that Wild Hathi The Elephant was ever going to tell him. "A War, Man's-Cub, if you might ever call that."

Then Hathi seemed to hesitate all as if in some sort of thought-fueled trance like he was yet so perhaps thinking of how best to tell whatsoever he was going to tell the voice of. All out of the while he had placed his trunk upon his left tusk as he had contemplated all this. Then Hathi spoke again, as if he had thought of some best way to tell the boy what he was going to tell of to him.

"Let me tell you the tale of how it all so began. Keep silent where you stand and at that so silent that even our ears can hear and we indeed ourselves can all feel it." he started.

Mowgli stayed silent as was told of him.

"Long ago, Lord Thaa - The Leader Among All The First Of The Giant Precursors To All Whilst Among The Elephants - were amongst all whosoever had created The Wilds of all amongst these lands including The Jungles. Wherever had they made furloughs with all of the grounds thus with their tusks, it was all so yet there that all The Rivers ran along, and so wherever they blew with their trunks, all from among the leaves fell. They had helped out all to have brought on up thus so at it into being all that ever was and is whatsoever to know of - the mountains, the trees and even the birds that reside in all the trees." Started Hathi.

"Now Mowgli, once all ever came into being, thus so it was The Lord Of The First Of All Of The Tigers that had been chosen all to serve as The Judge of all. At those points they were not yet with the stripes they are known with in all these days. Yet upon one day, two bucks had a quarrel they took up with him. When one amongst them had poked him in the ribs all so by mistake all via his antlers. The First Of All The Tigers, a prideful one ever at all of that, became enraged by this, and he all but immediately instantly had killed the buck, something which frightened the other one .... and prompting The First Tiger Himself thus so into all but thus so ensuring that he ran away from the scene of this deed." Said Hathi.