Chapter XXV: - "The Wrath Of The Tiger King"

As Mowgli was unconsciously dragged throughout the Cold-Lairs grounds throughout several streets with several large and not-so-large-sized marble-and-stone-made-structures up towards a gigantic large towering structure that looked partly damaged as if a huge part of it were torn down by a great shaking of the grounds beneath it, he was eventually brought up to the top of its inside, whereat even as he regained a few conscious regaining moments that seemed to become like blurs to him for brief moments he was fainting repetitively even as he noticed more of the monkeys and apes around him. Soon he was placed up upon a-marble-and-stone-made-throne that was partially damaged. The roof of all this place was dark save for part of this room and the bright blue light within from which it could be seen that there were some fig-vines and regular vines throughout here and there were some damaged and parts of the roof were unstable.

By then he slowly began to lose his consciousness altogether yet not before he heard a deep, underlying growling bellowing roar. The groups of monkeys and apes present there among youngsters and adults and offspring each and all alike had stopped their scatterbrained chattering and scatterbrained chattering sounds, their groups opened up and they all had stepped aside as if there was something there of whichever they themselves were all feeling afraid. Something was coming up behind them and straight up towards that throne. As Mowgli watched briefly he saw two familiar shapes - one that of a stripped scavenging wild canine dog - a hyena - a giggling one whilst at it, and a minor-yet-still-cripple-legged-limping walking onward Fearsome Royal Bengal Tiger, its most very mildly deformed right leg moving upon the ground like some ape walking upon its knuckles and each time steps were taken were like knife sharpening sounds and big feet stepping ever closer and closer including in this instance straight toward him. Immediately Mowgli remembered who they were.

It was Tabaqui and Shere Khan. And as Mowgli felt all things around him become altogether black again, all of the terror that the young boy felt from this knowledge was followed by a chosen final wish that whatsoever was going to happen to him would all be over and ended soon.

Slowly yet surely The Fearsome Man-Eating Royal Bengal Tiger King Shere Khan stepped up toward that partly damaged throne with Tabaqui beside him, giggling and with longing upon his ugly mug of a face to watch as his master would feast upon this boy's flesh, staying behind enough to watch it all himself, giggling as the monkeys sitting by that partly damaged throne moved aside as Shere Khan growled and bellowed out to them to do so and then, stretching his mentioned right leg to the left grounding of the throne left arm had he then smiled at once, growling in the process, and then he said, "My, my. How you have grown."

He knocked another monkey aside with his mildly yet still deformed right leg paw's front side, sending that monkey flying aside for a moment as his smile increased. He had been waiting quite some time for this one exact moment, and had no intention of letting even a single one or even just a single thing get nor stand in his way now so. "And how much trouble you have caused for all of The Pack," he said, "and yet, so so much more .... to come!"

Then The Tiger King had stretched out and brandished the claws upon his right leg paw and sticking the left sided claw of it into, he immediately then here began to slowly surely very viciously scratch the young boy's left arm, smiling in delight at the whole notion of at last truly finally getting to finish what was started all of those years ago, starting from the top of the middle front of the boy's left arm. He stopped at the bottom of that part, and then he drew his claw back from out of there, and then had licked his chops.

"Just A Little Taste!" he quietly said in his delight. He stretched out his head in preparation for the taste he had so long awaited the notion of getting so he could finish what was started.